Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker Greatest Hits

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synthmaker Greatest Hits

Postby Spogg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:08 am

SSE packing using assembler

This is a tutorial demo showing 2 ways to pack and unpack blue in assembler rather than using the pack/unpack prims.
The ASM code is nicely annotated by the author.

Spogged: Nothing.

Author: Unknown

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
ssePacking1.fsm
(31.51 KiB) Downloaded 1527 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:05 pm

3D borders

Here's a nice collection of configurable and scalable borders with a 3D look.

Spogged: Nothing

Author: pall

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
3D elements 01.fsm
(3.96 KiB) Downloaded 1567 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Bandstop filter collection

This is a collection of bandstop filters with a response display. You can choose the number of poles and see the effect by changing frequency and Q. I always though of these as notch filters so maybe someone can put me right on the difference, if there is one.

Author: Unknown but I'm thinking Martin Vicanek...?

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Bandstop.fsm
(240.01 KiB) Downloaded 1552 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:19 pm

Doppler effect

OK this is a one-trick pony but it does the trick really well! Hear a siren blaring going past you and hear the doppler effect. There's a lot you can configure and if you're looking for an emergency-based track this is for you! Sounds great!

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Doppler.fsm
(252.94 KiB) Downloaded 1557 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:35 pm

MIDI velocity mappers

Here are 2 velocity mappers which control the way MIDI key velocity is translated to control velocity response.
One of them has an adjustable transfer curve, the other one has a bar graph representing the keyboard range. This one can be drawn with the mouse and also shows where the key you are pressing is located on the graph.

Velocity mapping is useful for adapting to a specific keyboard, playing style and even instrument sound. In my own projects I found that a square law generally gave me the feel I wanted but with one of these the user can adapt to their specific needs.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
MIDI velocity mappers.zip
(43.36 KiB) Downloaded 1521 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:58 pm

Effects rack with drag and drop chain order

This multi-effects rack contains 7 effects, 6 of which can be chained in any order based on a drag and drop menu system. The filter is fixed at the output so always comes last in the chain.
The schematic is presented in such a way that you can adapt it for any set of effects you may want to include and still have the ability to set the chaining order. There is some annotation inside to assist with adaptation to your needs.
Also this is a fast way to audition and find your preferred chain order if you want to hard-wire your effects chain in your schematic.

Spogged: Minor changes to the schematic layout to fit the screen better.

Author: Trogluddite

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Troggs Drag n Drop edit.zip
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 1606 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:16 pm

Fretboard with MIDI

This is a guitar fretboard display and is incredibly configurable. The notes are displayed for a given key and scale type. You can choose to place a capo anywhere.
The real icing on the cake is that inside the schematic you can set a MIDI input and the notes you play over MIDI are shown on the fret by going white.
I don't know guitar so I can't say how useful this could be but I do know that it must have taken a lot of time and cleverness to build it. I can see this would be a great learning aid too.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
FretBoardDisplay2_capo.fsm
(470.04 KiB) Downloaded 1602 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:11 pm

Keyboard with left/right split

It's very easy to create and change a split point with this on-screen keyboard. To set a split point just hold a key down and press the L key on your PC keyboard (I noticed that stabbing the L key is sometimes not long enough so hold it down for a moment).
The pitch bend can be set to operate on either or both regions. The on-screen wheels respond to your physical keyboard. There is a monophonic button which also brings up a portamento control.
You can turn the split on or off and in the on position MIDI is routed to both outputs for a unison possibility.
It was nice to be able to put bass on my lower octave and a higher-pitched lead sound on my upper octaves.

Spogged: Just changed the layout a little to fit my screen.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
keyboard split.zip
(322.9 KiB) Downloaded 1553 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:20 pm

Scalable vector sliders

Here are a horizontal and vertical version of a vector slider. You can make them any size based on the view area and they have the usual properties available. In addition, when you hover over a slider, there is display of its position.

Authors: pall and Chris Hooker

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Vector sliders(7).fsm
(101.37 KiB) Downloaded 1642 times
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:48 am

Room Simulator

What a wonderful find!
This commercial-grade effect allows you graphically to position a source and a listener any where in a virtual room and the magic inside produces the sound of that room. There are many parameters you can configure to get the reverb or ambience you desire. There is a useful explanation comment box provided by the author.
I was also very impressed with the quality of the results over a wide range of settings.
This is so much more intuitive than the usual knob-based system; as you drag the source closer you hear the source get "closer" and the reverb start becomes more delayed. I'm SO impressed :D

Author: CytoSonic

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
roomSimCyto.fsm
(165.79 KiB) Downloaded 1756 times
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples