Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Digital Logic

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Digital Logic

Postby BobF » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:11 pm

BobsDigital_logic Tools Part1.fsm
(15.77 KiB) Downloaded 1362 times

Hello Gang,

This is a collection of digital logic gates and flip flops, plus a few counters and miscellaneous others. If you are not familiar with digital logic, just Google it. There are many, many web sights that will explain it in detail. With just the gates alone you can create hundreds of other logic functions (again check the net). Just take a look inside one of the flip flops or counters. By combining gates and flip flops , and etc , you can you can create all the digital logic you can find on the net. This includes TTL logic, CMOS logic, and more. What can all this do for you? One example is flip flops can be made to divide square waves. Yes, square waves only. Digital logic is defined as a 1 or a zero. The outputs of these devices only swing from 0 to 1. If you need plus and minus one I have provided the module Bobs 0 to 1 to +- 1 that will do the conversion. Also if you create any new logic modules you will need to add the modifier 0 and 1 only provided by MyCo (thanks MyCO). Again look inside some of the modules. Well that's it! Really hope some of you can put these to good use. If you do create any new logic modules or anything else that uses them, PLEASE share them and have fun.

P.S., I am calling this part 1, as I am always working on some new logic myself.

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Re: Digital Logic

Postby noisenerd » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:33 am

Awesome, thanks Bob! I will most likely put some of these to similar noisy uses as I did your VC divider. :)
noisenerd

Postby Spogg » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:22 am

Thanks Bob!
Straight into my toolbox.

Tell you what, how about doing all this stuff in green as well, for control purposes?
Maybe I'm asking too much but I think it would be useful...

Thanks again for sharing this work.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby BobF » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:39 pm

GreenLogic.fsm
(5.62 KiB) Downloaded 1231 times

Hello gang,

Ok Spogg, here you go! These are NOT all mine just found them probably at the old Synth maker forum.

Of course using standard digital logic as before you could make many more modules. I will try to add some more as I have time. The ones I created of course say Bobs xxx whatever the module is.

Well everyone, please use, comment, and enjoy.

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby TSt » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:17 pm

Hello FS-community,

I'm coming from the "Max-msp-Jitter" world and looking for a simulation of the CMOS-IC 4017 (Johnson Decade Counter) to built an emulation of the Stepsequencer from the Yamaha-CS 30

thanks for help and solutions 8-)
TSt

Postby rocknrollkat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi Bob,
This just turned up, massive collection of Digital Logic, back to school for me !
Thanks for posting !

ROXY :D
rocknrollkat

Postby BobF » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:00 pm

Bobs10Bit_RippleCounter.fsm
(38.98 KiB) Downloaded 1016 times

Hello TSt,

Have NOT created a cd4017 as yet, maybe sometime down the road if I get some free time! I did have this laying around in my tool box. Never posted it so maybe you could do something with it. If you do PLEASE post your results on the forum.

Take care, BobF.....
BobF

Postby rocknrollkat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Very koooool ripple counter !

Everybody likes LEDs !
Seriously, amazing work, Bob !

ROXY :D
rocknrollkat

Postby TSt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:33 am

thank you BobF for this gift,
cheers
TSt 8-)
TSt

Postby TSt » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:50 am

after some tries, here the 1st result of a 4017 simulation - but it's not finished,

the internal architecture of the HEF4017B was the model
a little bit tricky seems the realisation of the reset procedure,

in the CS-30 stepseq we've got the choice between 1 - 8 steps (perhaps an additional reset input in the 4017 is needed?)
these square red buttons and toggle designed after the orig. seq switches of the CS-30 seq.

thanks for further help and solutions

TSt 8-)
Attachments
testlab_4017_1st_exp_.osm
(526.63 KiB) Downloaded 1030 times
TSt

Next

Return to User Examples