Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Digital Logic

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Problems

Postby BobF » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Hello rocknrollkat,

Really sorry to hear you are having so many problems. All my schematics should work fine on 3.07 to 3.081. I say this because they have all been verified to work on these versions. I REALLY hate to say it, but could it be a computer problem? I myself have a really strange problem sometimes, where when I create a schematic, then save it and try to open it a week later or so it says it can NOT open it because it was created with a newer version. I am NOT sure but think it has to do with opening the schematics in Flowstone sometimes and then with Fl Studio/Flowstone other times. Yet they are both version 3.08. The only recourse I have is to re-download them from the Flowstone sight if I uploaded them. If it's a new project I am working on, I am now only using the Fl Studio/Flowstone version.

Hope you can get it fixed!

Good luck, BobF.....
BobF

Re: Problems

Postby rocknrollkat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:37 pm

BobF wrote:Hello rocknrollkat,

Really sorry to hear you are having so many problems. All my schematics should work fine on 3.07 to 3.081. I say this because they have all been verified to work on these versions. I REALLY hate to say it, but could it be a computer problem? I myself have a really strange problem sometimes, where when I create a schematic, then save it and try to open it a week later or so it says it can NOT open it because it was created with a newer version. I am NOT sure but think it has to do with opening the schematics in Flowstone sometimes and then with Fl Studio/Flowstone other times. Yet they are both version 3.08. The only recourse I have is to re-download them from the Flowstone sight if I uploaded them. If it's a new project I am working on, I am now only using the Fl Studio/Flowstone version.

Hope you can get it fixed!

Good luck, BobF.....

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the interesting reply !
I was building all of my hookups in 3.0.2, and many times I would get that 'created with a later version' message as well, but they always loaded and ran.
Here's where it gets nutty.
I have installed 3.0.8 and every time I try to load a schematic I get a message that says my computer does not have SSE (Streaming SIMD Extensions). I ran a program (cpu-z) that gives that data, and of course I have SSE.
So I installed 3.0.7 and all seems to be well, but I still can't see your work.
My computer is a Dell Inspiron, 8 years old. I have a new computer in the box (homebrew) that should see the light of day soon, but I'm pretty busy trying to get this mess sorted out, etc.
Luckily I archived all of my toolbox modules from 3.0.2 and they seem to work well in 3.0.7.
I rarely go into FL studio, I never got the 'hang' of that program.
I use Samplitude, a much more intuitive program for the way I work.
I did use FL studio's version of Flowstone to look at your work, if I recall, but the window is so small it's almost useless.
I'll keep you posted, but like I mentioned, 3.0.7 will not open your schematics, what a bummer !

ROXY :D
rocknrollkat

Re: Digital Logic

Postby rocknrollkat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:51 pm

TSt wrote:thanks ROXY, so would you say that the FS 3.0.8.1 is a bit more stable as this newer version?

happy maxing

TSt 8-)

Hello TSt,
I tried installing 3.0.8.1 and I keep getting an error message that claims I do not have SSE on board (SSE replaced MMX years ago).
I ran a program to check my computer (cpu-z) and of course I have SSE.
So now we know that 3.0.9 is a bomb, 3.0.8 and 3.0.8.1 will not run, so I am now running 3.0.7.
What a waste of 2 days and 99 dollars !
I am now trying to recover many files that I had opened with 3.0.9 and saved as well in 3.0.9, and now they are unrecoverable. Oh well....
So that's where I stand, hoping that 3.0.7 will see me through.

I will attempt to rewire my CS-30 hookup for you from scratch in 3.0.7, give me a day or so, thanks !

rocknrollkat

Postby TSt » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:16 pm

is this really true ROXY?

(excuse me, but english isn't my native language)

which OS do you use on your computer,

normally, many computers has today the SSE option

I'm using FS 3.0.81 with win 7 ultimate and win 10 at this time

good luck and
happy maxing

TSt 8-)
TSt

Postby TSt » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:17 am

hello ROXY,

here another version of your schematic

happy maxing

TSt 8-)
Attachments
Roxy's_8-step-sequencer_CS-30_2.fsm
(386.21 KiB) Downloaded 907 times
TSt

Postby rocknrollkat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:29 am

TSt wrote:is this really true ROXY?

(excuse me, but english isn't my native language)

which OS do you use on your computer,

normally, many computers has today the SSE option

I'm using FS 3.0.81 with win 7 ultimate and win 10 at this time

good luck and
happy maxing

TSt 8-)

Hello TSt,
I am running Win 7, fully updated.
I have enclosed a screenshot of the cpu-z report.
It seems that I do have SSE, my guess is that the other versions would not run without it also, but they do .

Wonderful upgrade of my CS-30 schematic as well !

Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (117.38 KiB) Viewed 13476 times
rocknrollkat

Previous

Return to User Examples