Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

New PWM

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

New PWM

Postby BobF » Sun May 10, 2020 7:25 pm

BobsAllWaveformPWM.fsm
(4.53 MiB) Downloaded 1011 times

Hello gang,

Like that "Pulse Width Modulator" sound? Well now you can add it to any waveform, Sine, Triangle, Saw, and so on. Also sounds even better with a modulation source!

P.S., The RED asterisk is where modulation starts for a square wave input.

Have fun, BobF.....
BobF

Re: New PWM

Postby k brown » Sun May 10, 2020 9:42 pm

Terrific bit of work there. You sure get a lot mileage out of your various 'diode' things.

This is very timely for me, as I just wrapped up a project that has an osc bank based on that in the Sequential Pro 3, where Osc 3 is a wavetable osc with over two dozen wavetable which can be, as Dave Smith calls it 'Shape Mod'ed. I was doing it the PWM way with phase shifting an inverted copy, but this is much more effective on all the waveshapes, not just the assymetrical ones. The Pro 3 actually scans thorough variations of a selected wave, but this will sound better than what I originally had.

Thanks so -
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby Halon » Mon May 11, 2020 2:53 am

Thnks Bob :o
Halon

Postby Spogg » Mon May 11, 2020 7:54 am

Yet another great idea Bob! :o

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby pshannon » Mon May 11, 2020 1:48 pm

Love it! Very cool Bobf and thanks for sharing. I am using 3.0.6 pebble and I am getting the error for (Dolph-Chebychev) ruby code "string can't be coerced into float". It is the ruby module with the outputs for the Float arrays. All of this started for me when I switch from 3.0.8 skylark as recommended. Did anyone else get the same error? I was going to look through your ruby code, but I didn't have time this morning. Ruby drives me nuts with the type issues. Yesterday I spent a while going through some of my own ruby code with type issues.

However, The display still worked.
pshannon

Postby Spogg » Mon May 11, 2020 1:52 pm

You just have to connect an after load prim trigger into any Ruby module that does that.
Any green input on a RubyEdit code box will do I found.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby pshannon » Mon May 11, 2020 2:03 pm

Spogg wrote:You just have to connect an after load prim trigger into any Ruby module that does that.
Any green input on a RubyEdit code box will do I found.

Cheers

Spogg

Wow, simple fix! I used it for both ruby modules inside of BobF tool and worked like a charm. Thanks Spogg and I will use this little trick for some of my other issues that caused me to want to smash my head to the table. :oops:
pshannon

Postby BobF » Mon May 11, 2020 5:03 pm

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

@ Kevin, can't wait to see the "Sequential Pro 3" , sounds cool.

P.S., Sorry I did not mention it, I use FS 3.07 for all my stuff. So far have never had any serious problems.

Cheers all, BobF.....

Quote; Sometimes many little things go together to make one big great thing!
BobF

Postby pshannon » Mon May 11, 2020 5:17 pm

BobF wrote:
P.S., Sorry I did not mention it, I use FS 3.07 for all my stuff. So far have never had any serious problems.

Not a problem with 3.0.8 for me as well, but I was informed that ruby runs slower in that version and to move down 3.0.6 which I did. Not trying to complain here too much, but everything seemed to be more compatible with that version and I am learning new issues to deal with downgrading. It is just an adjustment. :)
pshannon

Postby BobF » Mon May 11, 2020 9:41 pm

BobsAllWaveformPWM_1a.fsm
(4.49 MiB) Downloaded 960 times

Hello again gang,

Here is a little mod I added if anyone's interested. Just makes the day go by playing around with this little stuff!

Have fun.....

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Next

Return to User Examples