Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

DSPplug LU EBU 2016 meter (more accurate than Youlean)

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: DSPplug LU EBU 2016 meter (more accurate than Youlean)

Postby deraudrl » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:38 pm

pshannon wrote:If I wanted to sell the collections, I assume they are only worth a few pennies each and not worth the time of dropping them off.
I recall taking about 10 shelf-feet of LPs to a used record store around 1990. The guy there started flipping through them, pulling out about every tenth one. I stopped him and said it was a package deal...we ended up at $15/foot.

There are a few of them I've missed that never got released on CD, but I never regretted the space they freed up in the living room.
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby k brown » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:54 pm

NO!! - never had an 8-Track; most idiotic thing ever put on the market. They were adapted from broadcasting 'carts' (cartridge-tape players), which served a very useful purpose there - quick-changing of short duration recordings (commercials, jungles, sound effects, etc.); but a whole album of music - phooey!!

I dumped a huge pile of LPs off at Goodwill about ten years ago, because the used record stores were buying so little (that's changed recently), I made my best guess as to which would probably never get CD release and in most cases my guesses were pretty accurate; glad I still have the ones I kept.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby deraudrl » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:07 pm

k brown wrote:NO!! - never had an 8-Track; most idiotic thing ever put on the market. They were adapted from broadcasting 'carts' (cartridge-tape players), which served a very useful purpose there - quick-changing of short duration recordings (commercials, jungles, sound effects, etc.); but a whole album of music - phooey!!
Yeah, but in 1972, if I wanted my own music on road trips, it was the only game in town. (I also owned an 8-track recorder: made some pocket money copying LPs to cartridge for my friends.)
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby pshannon » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:42 pm

k brown wrote:Boy, you guys are making me feel like Fred Flintstone! I do all my music listening with CDs. In the living room on an SACD deck, and in the bedroom on a portable CD player plugged into a vacuum tube amplifier. :? :shock: :lol:

Unless you have a dog like hearing, I promise you most people will not hear a difference in the sound quality to rip them as lossy mp3 at 192 or higher. I thought most of the download tunes were lower quality, didn't fact check.
Tube amp? I only use my tube amp for playing my electric guitar for distortion. lol.
I hated switching the CD in and out. I hated 8 track even more, but I loved the cassette tapes before CD. I have a stack of tapes, floppy disks(5.25, 3.5hd/low) too. :mrgreen: VHS and beta crap I am getting rid of because it is too much to handle and no regrets on those.

Dang, I have a museum of media that my wife nags me about getting rid of all the time. :D
pshannon

Postby RJHollins » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:52 pm

deraudrl wrote:
k brown wrote:Boy, you guys are making me feel like Fred Flintstone!
Yeah, but did you install an 8-track tape deck into your first new car? :D

Oh yeah.

First 8-track tape ... the group, 'Focus - Hocus Focus'.

8-)
RJHollins

Postby deraudrl » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:57 pm

The only tube amp I can recall owning was the Heathkit (AA32?) I built in high school, mid-'60s. Haven't seen that since left it with my folks when I went to college.
deraudrl

Postby k brown » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:35 pm

Then I must have dog-like hearing - any flavour of MP3 sounds like like shit to me.

For sure the only way to make 8-Track listenable was to record your own, so you could choose where to put the track breaks.

This couold be the furthest off-topic any thread has gone! ;)
k brown

Postby tulamide » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:36 pm

I like mayonnaise.

(Just to make sure it really is the furthest off-topic any thread has gone ;) )
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby pshannon » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:01 am

tulamide wrote:I like mayonnaise.

(Just to make sure it really is the furthest off-topic any thread has gone ;) )

I like Pepperoni pizza, does Germans eat that?? hahaha

@k brown - sounds like it is your gear then. Tube amp is over distorting the misses of MP3. lol Have you actually ripped your CD? Or were you at a friends house, not sure how it sounds that bad, just wow!
pshannon

Postby k brown » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:35 am

I experimented with making MP3s at the highest possible quality (for e-mailing) of one of my on-location live classical concert recordings, and the difference was unacceptable to me. This may be more audible with high dynamic range classical music than pop/rock I don't know, but I never went near MP3 again, especially since storage space is so much less an issue now.
k brown

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples