Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthatron Effects Synthesizer Updated: 03/26/24

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Synthatron Effects Synthesizer Updated: 03/26/24

Postby pwesynthmaker » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:26 am

Updated: 03/26/24

Synthatron Effects Synthesizer

NOTE: All FSM (Flowstone Schematics) Files are created with Flowstone v3.0.6 'Pebble' including 'standalone executable' effects/instruments for legacy compatibility.

All VST2 and VST3 Plugins (both x86-32bit *.dll & x64-64bit *.vst3) are now exported from FlowStone Alpha x64.
Updated VST & VSTi Plugins are created with new ID's (4-character alpha-symbol-numeric format).
It is advisable to backup the previous version by moving same to a folder (such as "Documents") and replace them with the new ones, rather than overwriting the old versions. This will ensure a 'new vst scan' acceptance in most DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations).

Designed for use with standard electric guitar it can be utilized with practically any form of audio source input.
The audio is first processed through a pitch extractor then converted to a midi mono signal. This allows a standard 'audio stream' to be used to control midi effects. Conversion can cause significant latency. Use of ASIO latency reduction software such as ASIO4ALL is advised.

Synthatron Download Link:
https://www.invntefx.com/ssl/_invntefxf ... hatron.zip

'Custom Designed' SFZs
Download Link:
https://www.invntefx.com/ssl/_invntefxf ... wesfzs.zip

View Large Image:
https://www.invntefx.com/ssl/_invntefxf ... ron_lg.jpg

Synthatron utilizes SFZ soundfonts for the SFZ1 VCA/VCF sampler (near top left). It may be necessary to 'load' an instrument soundfont at startup. Open/Load a soundfont fron the "pwemidisfzs" folder included in the zip file. Instrument soundfonts are in the main folder with ".sfz" file extension name.
Example: "1 Grand Piano F4.sfz"

IMPORTANT!
To access folders and/or files in protected directories in newer versions of Microsoft Windows requires Administrator Privileges and it is advisable to set Control Panel (UAC) User Account Control setting at minimum.

NOTE: To make certain downloaded files are functional 'Right Button Click' on the downloaded file and scroll down to 'Properties' and if file is blocked ... unblock the file to make certain it is accessible.

To view 'hidden folders/files' such as AppData ...
Go to Control Panel Items and go to Folder Options ...
'Click On' the middle "View" tab ...
Select the "Show hidden files, folders and drives" radio button ...

Also 'uncheck' the "Hide extensions for known file types" if you desire to view filenames with extension ...

==========
Attachments
synthatron.jpg
synthatron.jpg (100.98 KiB) Viewed 171 times
Last edited by pwesynthmaker on Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:33 am, edited 61 times in total.
https://www.invntefx.com/ssl/_invntefxf ... fstone.htm
Inventor eFX Technology FlowStone WebPage

https://www.invntefx.com/
Inventor eFX Technology
LOGIN
Username: viewer
Password: A#1viewer
pwesynthmaker

Re: Synthatron Effects Synthesizer

Postby nix » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:46 am

wow-
the code in the asdf and evaluator looks intense
did you write it?

I'll be back with comments after testing

what sort of copyright are we bound by with your creation?

guitar pitch to midi is my favourite dsp problem

edit- hey this sounds really good,
harmonics are barely reproduced
it has so many sound shapers!-- I am more interested in the pitch-detecting core though.
it tracks the whole 40-88 range
nix

Postby martinvicanek » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:41 pm

nix wrote:I am more interested in the pitch-detecting core though.

That looks like an old schematic of mine. :) There must be a more optimized version somewhere.
The MIDI conversion has lots of jitter beause it uses green along the way. Back then there was no other way to trigger MIDI events from a stream - today we have Ruby and the Mono-to-frame prim. With these, it should be possible to trigger MIDI from stream without jitter.
martinvicanek

Postby nix » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:26 pm

what do you think about polyphony Martin?
would it be possible to divide/range it into strings and use 6 detectors to create poly?
2 lots of 3 strings could be packed
awesome work nonetheless,
I think for my use case -polyphony is necessary though
In practice, I always accidentally end up playing more than one note

what would be a general description of the pitch detection method?
-perhaps if you would like to define the technique?

thanks guys!8D
nix

Postby pwesynthmaker » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:23 pm

The pitch extractor is from a schematic in the synthmaker bundle "5575_GuitarSynth.fsm" … I believe it is Martin's. It was the best I could find. The inclusion of sfz sampler adds significant chatter. I would much prefer a ruby code mono to midi pitch trigger if someone knows of an improvement. Please simply post the script in a reply for assembly and test.
For audio I am using Yamaha AG03 with Steinberg ASIO channeled through Voicemeeter ... latency: 5-10ms ...
Last edited by pwesynthmaker on Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.invntefx.com/ssl/_invntefxf ... fstone.htm
Inventor eFX Technology FlowStone WebPage

https://www.invntefx.com/
Inventor eFX Technology
LOGIN
Username: viewer
Password: A#1viewer
pwesynthmaker

Postby nix » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:59 am

here's my attempt at the polyphonic guitar synth==>
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3934
please, any comment 8D

so, Martin- we can divide this into strings?
PWE- please take it for a spin

cheers!
nix

Postby DSP-Robotron » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:09 pm

What is the point of converting audio to midi and midi back to audio ?
Is that complication needed for something important ?
I will have to download it and try it but I still don't get what are you trying to do with it.
Basically... What is it good for ?
LOL
DSP-Robotron

Postby martinvicanek » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:57 pm

DSP-Robotron wrote:What is the point of converting audio to midi and midi back to audio ?

I think once you have audio converted to MIDI, you can use it with many synths, romplers, etc. out there.
martinvicanek

Postby DSP-Robotron » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:10 pm

Basically, you guys want to use the guitar as a midi controller. That's nice. I think Roland has some guitar synth too. Is he trying to recreate that Roland guitar to midi synth ? And how exactly is he converting the midi back to audio or what for ? Maybe he means that he uses the guitar midi to trigger samples or synths or oscillators. I don't think he's talking about direct conversion. Why not use voice to midi ? Just sing something in a mic and have it converted to midi.
DSP-Robotron

Postby DSP-Robotron » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:51 am

When set to internal control mode is not allowing me to set the Asio Ouput and buffer size. I can select the midi input as PC Keyboard and the midi output as the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth but when I try to set the Asio output it's not showing me any settings at all. Any ideas ?
DSP-Robotron

Next

Return to User Examples