Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker bundle

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Synthmaker bundle

Postby k brown » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:38 am

Just wanted share these Synthmaker projects with one and all. Would be especially keen on anyone who's a Flowstone Master, to do some further refining of any they would find interesting. Focus is largely on emulations of vintage synths that haven't been much (or at all) represented in the vst world (Buchla-ish stuff, etc.).

Any and all are welcome to do whatever they like with any of this. OSMs and .dlls are included. Screenshots too.

k brown
San Francisco

EDIT: Kevin asked me to remove the old links in this thread and explain that he has re-worked so many of these they should now be downloaded from the locations in his signature.
Last edited by k brown on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Re: Synthmaker bundle

Postby Spogg » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:07 am

Wow :o

This is SO generous. I just quickly looked at a couple and this is a real treasure trove.

Thank you SO much for sharing this. Now for some fun...

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby BobF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:35 pm

Hello k brown,

Thanks so much for sharing. Some of these really look great! I love the Arp stuff. Are you still creating new stuff at all via Flowstone?

Hope to see ya around.

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby k brown » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:36 pm

All are quite welcome!

I mainly wanted to get these into the hands of someone better at this than I - I'm sure there are many things not functioning correctly or at their best - I have none of this hardware to compare to.

I would especially love it if someone with Flowstone chops and owns some Buchla or is familiar with it, to get some of those things working better. I don't have a clue how to do wavefolding! Also the Source of Uncertainty-based module is, I'm sure not even close to the hardware.

Another thing I was never able to execute properly is the CS-80's IL/AL fliter eg - anyone?

i'm trying to ween myself from all this and concentrate on my landscape painting, so I won't be doing any 'Flowstoning'.

If someone gets any of this really spruced up and offers it to the KVR community, that would be cool too. I don't even care if someone makes a few buck off it - I'd just like to see someone gets some fun and/'or use from my efforts.

k brown
k brown

Postby Spogg » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:51 pm

I've spent a lot of today working my way through your projects, still more to go.

I must say the graphics and the controls you made impress me SO much. For example I just love the Synthy 100 peg board. You must have spent so much time on this stuff yet when I was going through the old SynthMaker forum I don't recall seeing any of it.

I've found a few of the synths have a bug, more noticeable in ASIO mode. It concerns MIDI note on/off and wheel operation causing clicks and interruptions. I think this may be a MIDI filter issue so are you planning on fixing it yourself or shall I dive in and interfere (I just love interfering)?

I note that none of the ones I tried so far have any presets so I assume they rely on the DAW to store settings but I wondered if you have any fxb or fxp files exported from a DAW to better demo what can be achieved.

Once again this is an amazing resource so thanks again.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:56 pm

Please, by all means, dive in - it's one of the main reasons I posted these.

Yeah, no presets - I always use vstHost and never quite got to grips with SM's 'internal' preset manager.

I also never fully understood the whole ASM aspect of things - I hope that doesn't make these all but unuseable!

Thanks again,

k brown
k brown

Postby k brown » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:03 pm

Also, feel free to pull any interesting modules, like the Synthi pin matrix, out of the schematics and offer them as separate FS modules for others to use.

k brown
k brown

Postby billv » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:36 pm

Another Gob-smacking reminder of how much time the old SM crew put in....
Thanks for sharing and taking the time to package it all.... :)
billv

Postby k brown » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:00 am

Double-edged sword. As someone who's never smoked, drank or did drugs, the old SM was like crack cocaine - oh I'll putz around for an hour or two. 14 hours later - why am I so hungry?

DANGEROUS!
k brown

Postby Spogg » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:16 am

k brown wrote:Double-edged sword. As someone who's never smoked, drank or did drugs, the old SM was like crack cocaine - oh I'll putz around for an hour or two. 14 hours later - why am I so hungry?

DANGEROUS!

I agree! For me it combines technology, creativity, audio, music, open-ended learning and fault-finding in one totally addictive package.

Can't we tempt you back? There's this guy, Martin Vicanek's his name, and he can give you some REALLY great stuff. High performance, low cost stuff. You know you want to... :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Next

Return to User Examples