Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker bundle

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synthmaker bundle

Postby Spogg » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:59 am

k brown wrote:... would you consider adding the Velocity and Aftertouch sensitivity mini-knobs from the latest minDy update? - they are on the re-issued minimoog (back panel), so an 'official' enhancement.

Ok then, just for you!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:19 pm

Terrif !
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby Spogg » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi Kevin

I added those two controls you requested, above their respective slide switches. They’re wired in the same way as yours, but I could only test the velocity because I don’t have aftertouch on my keyboard.

I found the velocity sensitivity very useful (it was a tad too sensitive before on my system) so I’ve modified those presets which make use of velocity.

EDIT: this now has its own topic with new versions and lots of nice banks to play with:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40801#p119718

I do hope this is ok for you, and others who might like to try it out.

------------------------------------------------

I noticed you upload images in jpg format which is not ideal for the forum because some quality is lost due to image size restrictions. If you aren’t aware, Flowstone and SynthMaker can capture the schematic view (under the View menu item) in png format. I crop it and set the cropped image width to about 4 inches at 300 dpi and re-save it, still in png format.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:19 am

Thanks (again!) so much for doing that.

You can check aftertouch functions by opening the plugin in vstHost. It's GUI keyboard does aftertouch by click/dragging on a key; starting at the top of the key and dragging down to the bottom. You have to make sure Aftertouch is turned on in the Keyboard Bar configuration (a button in the toolbar). It will also do Velocity based on where you click on the key. Click at the very top of the key - no velo; click at the bottom of the key - max velo.

Thanks for the info on capturing images; I didn't know about that.
Last edited by k brown on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
k brown

Postby RJHollins » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:20 am

nice info on VSTHost ... learnt something new. Thanks
RJHollins

Postby k brown » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:47 am

One thing I just noticed with minDy S - it appears Saw and Reverse Saw are flipped in Oscillator 3; Saw in Osc3 is reversed relative to Oscs 1 and 2.
k brown

Postby Spogg » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:13 am

k brown wrote:One thing I just noticed with minDy S - it appears Saw and Reverse Saw are flipped in Oscillator 3; Saw in Osc3 is reversed relative to Oscs 1 and 2.

Dammit!! :oops:

I thought about checking that while I was working on it but it didn’t get onto my to-do list.

If you find any more mistakes or issues please speak up. I want this to be a “right” as possible.

EDIT: this now has its own topic with new versions and lots of nice banks to play with:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40801#p119718

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:02 am

Thanks once again, Spogg!

Here's a little beast of a thing - a stereo pair of Multimoog approximations coupled to my stab at the Octave CatStick.

In the course of putting this together, I also did some major revisions/corrections to Multipoly.

The Aftertouch sections can toggle to Velocity or Wheel control. The connections to the CatStick take place the same way as one would connect it to the hardware's Modulation or Touch Mod Effects jacks. Includes a Zip file with the Multimoog and CatStick manuals.

DualMulti_Stick

DualMulti_Stick_650.png
DualMulti_Stick_650.png (123.9 KiB) Viewed 20538 times
k brown

Postby k brown » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:27 am

Another 'Stick-plus-Moog' thingy:

SubStick - a rather incomplete emu of the Sub Phatty, but in more traditional 'Moog-black' livery, plus a couple of functions from the Sub 37. The 'Stick adds two LFOs to Phatty's single one.

SubStick_600.png
SubStick_600.png (89.46 KiB) Viewed 20421 times

And, SubTwo - the same, but with two Modulation sections (like Sub 37), and no 'Stick.

SubTwo_600.png
SubTwo_600.png (91.11 KiB) Viewed 20421 times
k brown

Postby djbrynte » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:00 am

k brown can i use ur Sub37 synth and make my own of it? you will ofc get credit for your exellent work.
djbrynte

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples