Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker bundle

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

SM Bundle-ette2

Postby k brown » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:20 am

Well - I just couldn't leave well enough alone!

Just to nudge this a bit closer to Morely's rig, I 'bolted-on' a graphic EQ based on the Buchla 294 4-channel Comb Filter; what's cool about this filter is that each of the four 'channels' has it's own output, in addition to the summed output.
The Buchla was 20dB/oct, so I put three SVF BP in series, then set their Res to about 1/3 to sort of bump up the slope from 18dB/oct to more like 20.

Also a few more tweaks to the orig version, though I don't know why one would want to do without the Comb Filter.

The Dodeca 258c.osm.zip
(672.24 KiB) Downloaded 1233 times

The Dodeca 258.osm.zip
(546.73 KiB) Downloaded 1248 times

k brown
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Re: Synthmaker bundle

Postby Spogg » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:11 pm

Yet more interference from Mr Spogg ;)

I've processed these in Flowstone; just found a few of those naughty de-zippers and replaced them and all is well.

The Dropbox zip includes the VST exports.

Listening to the default preset on the 258 I think Mr Brown has gone over to the Dark Side...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/to8ykc2f4r14a ... n.zip?dl=0

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby ironface » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:34 am

Still in heaven.

When Spogg has saved the dodecas as .dll they load in FL10 as effects and then I have to have a Midi Out channel to play them. Not knowing enough about the inner workings of SM, my question is simply; can't they be saved as instruments ? This also happened previously to a couple from the big bundle that Spogg tackled.

Thanks to K brown and Spogg for all the on going effort.
ironface

Postby nix » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:53 am

I've been tooling around in FL12.3 alittle too mate.

Try doing a scan VST plugins with 'verify' in 'plugin manager'.
This will sort the VSTs into fx and i

Cheers, njoy!
nix

Postby Spogg » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:27 am

ironface wrote:When Spogg has saved the dodecas as .dll they load in FL10 as effects and then I have to have a Midi Out channel to play them. Not knowing enough about the inner workings of SM, my question is simply; can't they be saved as instruments ? This also happened previously to a couple from the big bundle that Spogg tackled.

I found that when I made my Quilcom Bluesky vocoder that it wouldn't work if I saved it as an instrument. Flowstone defaulted to export as an Effect and I changed it to Instrument. As an instrument in Reaper I couldn't route it correctly; it had audio and MIDI inputs but as an instrument I couldn't get it to accept the voice channel.

The rule that Flowstone uses (and it works) is if there is any audio input it's an effect, even if there is also a MIDI input, and if there's no audio (MIDI only) then it's an instrument.
If there's NO input Flowstone won't save it as a VST so if you make a free-running generator or graphical plugin you have to add a dummy input to the schematic.
Therefore any of Mr Brown's work which had an external audio input (maybe for filter processing) will have been saved as an effect. You just select record source as MIDI on the DAW.

Hope I explained that well enough!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby ironface » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:48 pm

Thank you for your speedy replies, much appreciated. It's not a big issue and I can live with it as it stands........

[Summary of where I am at]
I have exported the offenders as FL Generators in FL10 and FL11 and they therefore load as instruments.
With FL12, it will load in Flowstone but not SM, I can export it as an FL Generator but FL12 will crash if I try to load it.

I should further explain that I am unlikely to have the latest versions of any of these tools and only likely to update FL12.1.3 when I have at least two hours and a half hours to spare to scan and tick all 2881 plugin boxes - in case the install doesn't go as planned.

Keep on keepin' on.
ironface

Postby Knob Twiddler » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi there,

First of all, thanx for all the plugins. What a huge amount and they all look gorgious.
I like the fact tat there are no presets, so one should take the time to discover the synth themself.
One question for Luge, sometimes when I start my DAW, it opens the wavetable load screen when detecting the plugin.
It is not a big matter, but can someone explain me how you can load your own wavetables inthere? I understand how to load the wavetable import window in the VSTi but it only accepts txt files. Are there some outthere? Or how do you make those?

Thanx in advance.

Jan
Knob Twiddler

Postby tulamide » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:31 pm

Hi Jan and welcome.

You might confuse wavetables with samples?

MyCo or KG might correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge you always just load a waveform, not the whole table. The table is automatically generated from the waveform. A waveform is one cycle of a sound, for example a sine wave's cycle would be the upper and the lower bow.

This cycle is a bunch of normalized floats in the range -1 to +1. The number of floats is dependent on the settings, but it is always 2**x, e.g. 256, 512, 1024, etc.

So, what you need is a text file with line seperated 2**x floats.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Knob Twiddler » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:11 pm

Thanx for your answer. I will do some reading about the wavetables because indeed it isn't clear for me.
I have Xfer Serum syntheziser and there I load waveform samples into the oscillator section. So if I understand you right I need to make a txt file that you load into luge and that txt file shall generate a waveform in the synth.
So is there maybe a progra that let you draw one and save it as a txt because there the fun would start for me, i am not great at math.

For example, I found this blofeld wavetable creator. You can save your wavetable as a sysexfile. Will it just work when I change the extension to txt ?

http://lady.rdsor.ro/~kotro/index.php?m=soft#qtinf
Knob Twiddler

Postby tulamide » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:36 pm

No you can't use that one. However, there are Flowstone-/Synthmaker-based synths, where you draw your waveform. Also, if I recall correctly, Spogg just did an application for creating waveforms just a few months ago. The files they create will be usable.

EDIT: Don't expect Serum, though. That one is capable of morphing, which is not part of the general wavetable concept.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples