Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Gated

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Gated

Postby BobF » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:20 am

BobsGatedS&H_VCA.fsm
(433.75 KiB) Downloaded 977 times

Hello gang,

Here are a couple of very easy circuits I through together. I made a couple of these several years ago for a homemade hardware synthesizer I made, and thought they might be interesting to do in Flowstone. One is a gated VCA and the other is a gated sample and hold. You can select between 6 different types of gating, xor, xnor, or, nor, and, & nand. These are logic gates, so if you are not familiar with there functions, just Google them. The -1 to 1 knob kind of acts as a trigger point in some settings. The best thing to do is just play with them, you will see what they can do. Some use ideas are to just name two would be, wave-shaping and modulation. *** Note NOT all setting will have a useful function!

Please post, any ideas you come up with! Uses, mods, or what ever.

Have fun then, BobF.....
BobF

Re: Gated

Postby Spogg » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:43 am

Hey Bob!

I really like this. I had a quick play around and got some great sounds and, importantly, some wide-ranging variations with the +/- 1 knob and detuning.

Have you thought about making a morphing-style synth with this and/or one with LFO/ADSR modulation? I think you should! I would expect some aliasing due to the sample level switching not always aligning exactly the same for every period but it might be worth experimenting.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Re: Gated

Postby BobF » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:35 pm

Thanks Spogg,

Yes, I may look into this in the new year!

Cheers, BobF......
BobF

Return to User Examples