Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Quilcom Flooper Modified (Fun Looper)

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Quilcom Flooper Modified (Fun Looper)

Postby newdsp » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:13 pm

This version has option for mix-down. Left side records the mono mic input with panning options of BPM random min/max range or manual and the Right side records stereo but only from left side players. For mix-downs or for fixing clipping. I messed up the bar with the time signatures so I still have to redo it as global or independent for each side. I don't know yet.
Attachments
Quilcom Flooper v1.034 .fsm
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 893 times
Quilcom Flooper v1.028 .fsm
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 901 times
newdsp

Postby newdsp » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:43 am

And here is v1.009.003 and v1.034.001 with a Sync Restart button added and midi restart. Now multiple instances can be synchronized by midi. Even pressing the transport STOP button gets them back in sync.

Here is one or two ideas but it's not clear how to code them in assembler or dsp. If each recorded pass gets scaled down or normalized to -3db before it's mixing in the new recording pass, then theoretically, you could add to the buffer forever and never reach a clipping point. It just not clear by how much to scale it down. What if -3db is too much or not enough ?

Update: Turns out that the recorded loops get destroyed/cleared not only by the transport bar resetting the plugin but also by the preset manager. Please remove the preset manager if you want the recorded loops to survive more than a minute.
Attachments
Quilcom Flooper v1.036 .fsm
This version has a global play/stop button which helps to get the recording in sync when recording from the top players to the bottom recorders. The preset manager needs to be removed because it's resetting the plugin and it's destroying all the recorded loops.
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 899 times
Quilcom Flooper v1.034.001 .fsm
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 881 times
Quilcom Flooper v1.009.003 .fsm
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 868 times
newdsp

Postby newdsp » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:15 pm

Here is another version with stereo pan added at output.
Attachments
Quilcom Flooper v1.037 .fsm
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 862 times
Quilcom Flooper v1.036.003 .fsm
This one was not loading the correct default values for the knobs but it's possible that it didn't overwrite the older file. The exporter switched it to an instrument instead of an effect and because of that FL was not loading the updated file.
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 875 times
newdsp

Postby newdsp » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:52 am

Latest compiled version is here. Added the recorder but it needs more work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U6aYHf ... sp=sharing
newdsp

Postby newdsp » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:18 pm

Here is another version with midi sync and soft limiters for cleaner sound:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s5CvDt ... sp=sharing

This version has all the hard clip limiters removed and replaced with soft clip limiters. Input gain now goes from 0 to 2. Multiple copies can be run in parallel (in sync) and they all respond to midi changes on the specified port. Just make sure the midi input port is set to be identical on all of them and that it matches the midi out port from the Midi Out device.

All other versions and mods are found here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
newdsp

Postby newdsp » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:58 am

This version has a simplified self contained Recorder without any outside dependencies. I had to remove the ARM button because sometimes was clearing the audio and it was not saving anything to file because of that. Now the recording can be stopped before the time limit is reached. It also starts as soon as the start button is pressed.

To use the recorder just press the 3 buttons in order from top to bottom:

1. Clear Rec (Deletes The Old Buffer)
2. Create Rec (Creates New Buffer)
3. Start Rec (Starts Recording)
Attachments
Quilcom Flooper v1.039 .fsm
(2.19 MiB) Downloaded 904 times
newdsp

Postby newdsp » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:03 pm

Here is another modification with random speed switching, random input panning and random direction switching. I'm still trying to figure out how to offset the metronome because it starts late compared to the FL Studio metronome when everything is synchronized by midi. The built in metronome needs a 50ms to 100ms early start. Any ideas ?
Attachments
LooperMod 003.fsm
This file works with FlowStone v3.0.9b2-3078 or v3.0.9b2-3319.
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 863 times
newdsp

Postby newdsp » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:11 pm

Here is another version that has a button for randomizing the background colors. It's still missing the random panning option and I don't remember what else is different but here is the link again to the entire folder with all the different versions.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 1Z2p91Gn1b
Attachments
Quilcom Flooper v1.046 .fsm
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 858 times
newdsp

Postby newdsp » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:46 am

It looks like in v1.047 the global restart button is not working anymore and I didn't even touch it. So, here a modified version that also has output panning for the top player and effects for overdubbing.
Attachments
Quilcom Flooper v1.050 .fsm
Overdub button was not aligned properly and also the Recorder progress bar was going out of the screen. Had to delete the previous upload. This one has some UI changes but the top players still show as misaligned by one pixel. When I zoom in it shows that they are aligned at pixel level but when zoomed out they look misaligned by one pixel. I don't know. Could be a bug.
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 852 times
Quilcom Flooper v1.049 .fsm
This one has the panning options at the output. Manual or random.
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 864 times
Quilcom Flooper v1.048 .fsm
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 846 times
newdsp

Postby newdsp » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:53 am

Finally this version has tick offset for Bars and Beats that applies to the metronome only. Last time I tried it I was applying it to the recorder/player but the metronome was always the same. I didn't test it yet outside of FlowStone but it should work relative to FL Studio metronome. The restart also happens from the last Bar and not from zero.
Attachments
Quilcom Flooper v1.052 .fsm
I had to set the restart offset back to zero so that it's aligned with FL bars when triggered by midi. It still needs a restart offset of 10ms but anyway. Maybe later.
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 834 times
Quilcom Flooper v1.051 .fsm
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 832 times
newdsp

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples