Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

VSTi render not recognized by DAW

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

VSTi render not recognized by DAW

Postby Phil Thalasso » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:58 pm

Hello good folks at flowstone, it's been a while.
My life has been a mess for the past year and since times are getting better, I also picked up flowstone again. Now, the bad part is that while the attachment works (with kinks and hickups) in flowstone 3.06, when exported as a vsti it doesn't get recognized by neither Ableton nor my favourite DAW of all, Synapse's Orion. Sonar Platinum on the other hand has no problems at all.
I shall feel very grateful if one of you took a look at this work in process and gave me a hint at what I can do to make the vsti more generally accepted. Thank you for that and kind regards
Phil
Attachments
COVID.fsm
Assembled in Flowstone 3.06 with most components grabbed from Spogg and Kevin
(3 MiB) Downloaded 747 times
Phil Thalasso

Re: VSTi render not recognized by DAW

Postby kortezzzz » Sat May 01, 2021 6:24 am

Hi Phill,
Hope you're fine now and overcoming whatever life summons.

First thing I've mentioned when opened your project is that it lacks a preset manager. It also lacked any background color or GUI (hope you're planning to add it since it's quite difficult to understand what's going on there). Another off topic is that I just couldn't make any sound with it except some weird noises, so I have no idea if that what you've been meant to achieve with this instrument :?:

Anyway, after adding the preset manager, it has been successfully loaded in my DAWs: Studio one 4, FL studio 20 and reaper, so I guess this is the solution and it will make it work also in your own favorite DAWs.
kortezzzz

Postby Phil Thalasso » Sat May 01, 2021 7:03 am

Hi Kortezzzz,
thank you for taking your time to have a look on labour day.
Weird noises is what this thing is meant for, actually. I plan to enter a diagram on a second page view explaining the setup, so it makes sense (or not) how that construction can be used.
May I be so impudent to ask whether you can post your solution with the preset manager? I know there is a tutorial on this blog and I know that I can do it myself, it would just make life a hell of a lot easier for me if you provided the fix.
I'll work on the diagram and will include that, promised.
Best regards, Phil
Phil Thalasso

Postby Phil Thalasso » Sat May 01, 2021 9:44 am

Hello again,

I did put some labelling on the schematic and further down try to explain what i would like to do.

If anybody took the time to look at that schematic and fix it in a way that it will be accepted as a VST-instrument by a DAW, Id greatly appreciate it.

Covid Concept:

Have to Generators which modulate each other and get fed into a wavefolder (Spogg) which by variables timbre and symmetry is again modulated by the Master LFO Mix-output and Phase.

The Master LFO feeds its speed and phase into the Slave LFO which can or cannot be fed into an envelope.
By assigning outputs from the Slave -LFO (Master Mix through the individual outputs (Sine to Pulse ) to the ADSR you get a further source of modulation.

The result then can be fed into a Multifilter which again is modulated by 1. the individual sliders for Cut-Off and Resonance, and 2ndly another LFO which modulates both Cut-Off and Resonance.

Finally you can or cannot assign an ADSR to the Filter.

The concept originated from me playing with hardware modular synth gear, while I was out of function for pretty much an entire year since last April.
While I didn’t contract Covid, the strange noises resulting from this assemby pretty much capture my last year’s mood and are desired as a somewhat “droney” instrument., not a meldoci synthesizer at all.

Thank you for any effort.

Best regards, Phil
Attachments
COVID_lettered.fsm
(3.1 MiB) Downloaded 724 times
Phil Thalasso

Postby kortezzzz » Sat May 01, 2021 10:57 am

Here it is. This one with a very basic background and the preset manager. The export works here.
Attachments
COVID - changes by kortezzzz.fsm
Made with version 3.0.6
(3.01 MiB) Downloaded 742 times
kortezzzz

Postby Phil Thalasso » Sat May 01, 2021 11:04 am

Thank you Kortezzzz!
Phil Thalasso

Return to User Examples