Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Random graphic Lines

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Random graphic Lines

Postby Tepeix » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:54 pm

Hi,

Experimenting with the MGU optional X position, i find this little tricks.
The redraw of the surface where we move something is tricked and let remanent traces, multiplying a line.

It's more easy to get when moving from left to right but could be done in the opposite way with more speed.

I try it as Vst with LMMS. It works but not when we connect a knob to it. (Don't know why)
But it works if there's others knob in the Vst not connected to the line engine.

So here's a random graphic line module for example :
Attachments
Random Graphic.fsm
(14.03 KiB) Downloaded 853 times
Tepeix

Re: Random graphic Lines

Postby Spogg » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:22 am

I had a quick look at this and I believe the problem is that there is no re-draw for the top level so it only redraws when you click away from the module. I added an MGUI and redraw and now it redraws as you move the knob.

But I suspect I may have misunderstood your intention! :lol:
Attachments
Random Graphic -spogged.fsm
(24.78 KiB) Downloaded 845 times
Spogg

Postby Tepeix » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:02 pm

Thanks !)

Not what i intended, but make me learn about MGU and redraw.
Didn't know that we could redraw before and on top.
Then i make some experiment and i find that it works with non Ruby Knob.
(I suppose that something in Ruby call a don't redraw something else or another think ?)
(Only tested in LMMS for now)

I've done some others research with the y value and other forms.

Using a tick 100 instead of 25 will not works.
Maybe it's better to use some tick limiter to be sure it will works but i don't know if the tick 25 could be so much faster in some environment or only slower.
Attachments
Random Graphic2.fsm
(9.66 KiB) Downloaded 884 times
Tepeix

Postby Spogg » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:45 pm

Hey that looks very pretty, and rather Christmassy! :o

I’m probably not the best one to help with this since drawing graphics in FS isn’t a strong point for me, but it would be useful to know exactly and in detail what you would like to happen.
Spogg

Postby hardwarehost » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:08 pm

I am not sure if understand you right, but empty mgui layer with redraw on top will do this:
Snap 2021-11-21 at 18.03.32.png
Snap 2021-11-21 at 18.03.32.png (39.69 KiB) Viewed 22610 times
hardwarehost

Postby Tepeix » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:48 pm

Interesting. Could be a way to erase gradually.
I find also that in LMMS (and i suppose others host) the redraw is not done when clicking out.
But using another windows of the host will redraw on top.

Finally i try a new way. With the prim Redraw Area.
Could even better do a manual resize of the redraw.

Here's we only have one gradient and one filled rect that change color.
But the redraw only reveal some part of that change.

Well i liked to see how much computer random generated could read in my mind and make me see a part
of my unconscious/conscious thinking..
In the past i was doing some liquid paint where some sort of random could happen.
But it was not so much random because my moves and every vibration of the paint was in contact with my mind and the physics (or virtually physic) world.
Sometime the image seemed to be very close to something i could have in mind.
Or just Pareidolia ?
Or maybe everything is sensible like in a poetry of Gérard de Nerval ?
Attachments
Random Graphic3.fsm
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 862 times
Tepeix

Postby Tepeix » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:53 pm

Here's a way to make it sort of "not redraw" when there's another windows on top.
But i don't know if there's more cpu/memory use like this.
A bitmap is created on load and store the result.
When an "unwanted redraw" is call the bitmap is draw.

I don't know how works the bitmap create prims.
Maybe it's just a reference of the view, maybe it's like redrawing all the view or draw to a bitmap ?

I try it with LMMS and Darkwave Studio 32bit.
(The module need some optimization. Random color could be simpler and the bitmap size is done badly)

Attachments
Random Graphic3B.fsm
(11.37 KiB) Downloaded 842 times
Tepeix

Postby hardwarehost » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:40 pm

I think you have to understand that you are using some cheat or trick in FS, and what you see is actually not there. You must do some 1 per sec. tick or one pre 10 sec. tick to make the rectangles still there, you have only two modules - that means only two rectangles fill the area 25x times per sec. at around 1% of whole area. So I suggest 100 would fill it all the time you set on ticker.

According to: reading unconsciousness and so... Actually some visuals can "close" the perception of it - changing the times, layers, and dimesions or random algo. helps subject to stay focused on. Its boring to watch only squares that changes colours so my interest slip away from that.

I just changed the dimensions and times and multiplies the rectangles. It dont fill the area anyway 100%
Random Graphic32 hwh.fsm
(133.99 KiB) Downloaded 857 times

Note: It was made with 32bit version but I cant open it again? dont know what happend. I was having both 32/64 opened

Moderator comment: This was made with an alpha so it won’t open in FS 3.x
hardwarehost

Postby Tepeix » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:07 pm

Yes, thanks that's true. How could the bitmap redraw everything when in fact most doesn't exist ?
I suppose that the create bitmap only receive the new redraw information to update or maybe it's just a reference. But i was thinking that maybe it could be some capture off all the view. I suppose not.

The limit is that it could only write rectangle or square with no transparency.
Any transparency will redraw what's backward and not keep the trace. I try with png.
(In this case it's transparency, but i mean different alpha value and keeping the last trace)

But maybe reading some part of the bitmap and mixing it could give this transparency.
Also i think about a sort of matrix or loop where we could write a set of pixel for others forms.
It's true that Pareidolia or reading mind is better done when random could really blend softly any pixel.

Could not see your schematics, i'm in 3.6.
Tepeix

Postby hardwarehost » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:13 pm

hardwarehost wrote:Could not see your schematics, i'm in 3.6.
Nevermind, the fault is on my side - I have SM, FS32 and FS64 together, a bit of chaos here :D I will post 32bit later today

I advice to you search on the forum for "generate bitmap or pixel array, or how the drawings are stored somewhere and so on, but thats the other way - more gui and less dsp. For me its better to have all rectangles as unique objects, the times can be synced to lfo, gui coordinates can set values in spectrum etc...
hardwarehost

Next

Return to User Examples