Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

MyCo's and MV's Oversampling Toolkit

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: MyCo's Oversampling Toolkit

Postby Tepeix » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:10 pm

For the particular square form, here's a way to simulate oversampling.
(when the polarity change, it calculate where between two sample it must occur and blend accordingly
with the last sample)

But whatever i try, changing the sampling rate or using a simple prim sin.
I could never have note at 10000 hertz. The volume drop or we could only hear aliasing when it occurs.
Is it the limitation of computer ? Or maybe my particular setup ?
Attachments
Square oversample simulation.fsm
(87.65 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
Tepeix

Postby tulamide » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:50 pm

Spogg wrote:
tulamide wrote:... I double, quadruple, or whatever the rate increase is, each sample...

Once I’d kinda worked out what was going on I started to wonder if you could generate 4 non-identical values per sample period. But then my brain hung up.
:lol:

I'm aware, that this is totally offtopic, but technically you can, if you don't care for the type of value (wether NaN or NiL). Every number is just a set of bits. How they are interpreted makes them a number. You can split the 32 bits of a sample point into 4 groups of 8 bits and fill up each one with 24 zeros. However, as mentioned, they lose their quality towards the original number, and when doing calculations and later put the 32 bits back together, the new number will be drastically different from the original. I wouldn't know any use case (apart from heavy distortion near noise).
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby martinvicanek » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:41 pm

martinvicanek wrote:You can cascade the 2x oversampling units to achieve 4x, 8x, etc.
On second thought, it does not seem to be as straight-forward as I thought. In the meantime, I updated the tutorial a little.
martinvicanek

Postby Tepeix » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:06 pm

8-) Was believing i get something good whit my square oversample simulator..
But i make a false comparison with your square osc Martin, confounding the naive and bandlimited out ;)
Now i could say that in this case your Polybleep method is better and faster !)
Tepeix

Re: MyCo's and MV's Oversampling Toolkit

Postby martinvicanek » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:06 am

Hi folks,

I have tweaked the oversampling filters a little to make them more efficient and more accurate for the higher orders. Also included 4x oversampling. Added to the first post.

Also updated the demo & tutorial (third post).
martinvicanek

Postby Tepeix » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:23 pm

Thanks very cool !

I tested it a little but for now i could not make a better overdrive with it.
(not surprise because my overdrive prototype doesn't sound greater at higher sample rate..)
Tepeix

Postby StereoSpace » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:42 pm

Hi guys!
I found an excellent compressor circuit on the forum, started experimenting with oversampling modules, but I don’t understand at all how to calculate the delay automatically in order to pass the oversampling delay value to the delay compensation module. The Bertom - EQ Curve Analyzer shows phase shifts and if you set the values to 3 samples, then everything is aligned. And sorry for the mistakes in the text, I use google translator))
GUI designer
StereoSpace

Previous

Return to User Examples