Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

V.L.F. Meter problem solved !

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

V.L.F. Meter problem solved !

Postby rocknrollkat » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi gang,
It's Sunday afternoon and dreary here in New Yawk city, and I decided to tackle a problem that has been bothering me since I started working with Synth Edit and now Flowstone.
Both programs have metering issues at very low frequencies. and since I work with V.C.F.s, V.C.A.s, etc.. knowing what those control voltages are doing is critical.
The problem is this.
At very low frequencies, both programs' meters do a 'double time' dance.
The meters work fine down to, say 100 Hz.
Below that they start to get "nervous" (damping factors, you know !).
Below 3 Hz. or so (where I NEED the readings), the meters start to "Double Time".
Perhaps you've noticed this, the oscillator is at .5 Hz. the meter needle will travel in 1 Hz. cycles !
Double Time !
No good.
Then I remembered that real meters have diode 'bridges in them to convert A.C. to D.C.
I recalled that Spogg did a presentation on "Perfect Diodes".
Into my archives I go (yes, I save everything), and a short time later I had the problem solved.
I built a demonstrator so you can see the problem AND the solution.
The 'scope shows both traces and remember, the red trace is for the meter, NOT the control voltage I'm seeking.
Here's the box, open it up and find my DEAD SIMPLE fix for this really AVOIDABLE headache !
Build a few (copy and paste) for yourself, down the road you'll be glad you did !
And thank you Spogg for that GREAT "Perfect Diode"presentation !
Enjoy !
ROXY :D
Attachments
ROXY's V.L.F. Meter Demonstrator.fsm
Get those meters to pay attention !
(732.8 KiB) Downloaded 1096 times
rocknrollkat

Return to User Examples