Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

D.C. corrected Oscillator pack

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: D.C. corrected Oscillator pack

Postby adamszabo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:53 am

Spogg wrote:Let’s try to keep things sweet guys!

Yes I agree, let that be the final word. I just love this community very much, with all the geek and nerd friends (because thats what we are lol), and I have a passion for FlowStone as well.

I simply had a feeling that for a newbie, there is way too much information on the forum and people say different things, which will confuse them further. Since we are using FlowStone we should keep its standards, and if FlowStone calls a unipolar rising sawtooth (going from value 0 to 1) a ramp, then to me thats what a ramp is.

Also, optimization is a very important factor in ANY program one does, it separates the line from a polished product from a prototype. This is why FlowStone gets a bad reputation in the music world, because people just connect arrows and release the VST and it will use way more CPU then it actually should be, because they dont / cant go that extra mile. Here we see a perfect example, the attachment in the first post uses oscillators designed for audio usage as LFOs. This is basic synth design 101 that one never does that! These oscillators are Poly BLEP band limited to stop the oscillators from aliasing, but LFOs do not need to be anti aliased because they will always be internal, so you can create the same LFO with about half the code and remove the Poly BLEP altogether. There, we saved a LOT of CPU. But I am sure he is more experienced than I am, mocking my work and my paper, but I have yet to see some product or some creation from him.

Anyway end of story, lets enjoy the holidays!
adamszabo

Postby rocknrollkat » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi Spogg,
In my own defense, Adam has again made a hurtful remark in that he has yet to see a 'product' of mine.
Nasty, passive aggressive stuff.
My background goes back to 1961, taking apart old T.V. sets and building recording gear that we couldn't afford as youngsters. I was gifted with a set of books that was used by the U.S. Navy to teach basic electricity and electronics, in the same year, and the rest is history.
Adam wants 'products' ?
Feel free to check out my youtube page and hear what 64 track MIDI sounded like in 1993.
I was one of the pioneers in this field, building and operating a state of the art mixed format studio here in New York city. Then off to broadcast television in 1994. I was the production designer for the industry defining 'Extra Help' channel, which set the standard for live call-in educational television.
(Production Designer is the same as 'Art director', we are directly under the Executive producer, number 2 on the 'org' chart.)
I really try to help newcomers to the entertainment industry, and Flowstone is one way to do it.
Many people download my hookups, few people thank me for my efforts, namely you and Bob F.
So when I get a nasty response on Christmas morning from a guy who has a college degree (I'm guessing) and can't grasp high school wave theory, yes, I get defensive.
I have developed numerous high level schematics which I have not released to Flowstone yet.
And just for fun, I built a supersaw demonstrator this morning that I will post momentarily.
I hope this little 'bio' will give you some insight as to who I am and what I'm about.
But when I'm being attacked, I come back hard and fast, just like our President Trump, who was born and raised 5 miles from where I was born and raised.
It's a New York city thing.
Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and enjoy my supersaw post, arriving shortly !

Best regards to you, Spogg,

ROXY :D
rocknrollkat

Postby adamszabo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:01 pm

rocknrollkat wrote:In my own defense, Adam has again made a hurtful remark in that he has yet to see a 'product' of mine. Nasty, passive aggressive stuff.

Ok Im going to revoke my ignoring because this is getting ridiculous. So hold on, time out. Let me get this straight. When you say that, and I quote "I searched your posts, lots of talk, no schematics." and when you say that I program "or so I say", you imply that I think I am so damn smart and I have nothing to show for myself, that is absolutely perfectly fine. But when I reverse it, and I ask the same thing, that this guy seems to know a lot but I dont see any of his work (and by work, I dont mean you multiply a signal by -1 to invert a saw wave and you expect a standing ovation and applause for your hard work), I mean real things like a 'product', then I am Hurftul, nasty and aggressive. Nice double standards there, and great Trump logic. Congratulations.
adamszabo

Postby rocknrollkat » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:35 pm

adamszabo wrote:
rocknrollkat wrote:In my own defense, Adam has again made a hurtful remark in that he has yet to see a 'product' of mine. Nasty, passive aggressive stuff.

Ok Im going to revoke my ignoring because this is getting ridiculous. So hold on, time out. Let me get this straight. When you say that, and I quote "I searched your posts, lots of talk, no schematics." and when you say that I program "or so I say", you imply that I think I am so damn smart and I have nothing to show for myself, that is absolutely perfectly fine. But when I reverse it, and I ask the same thing, that this guy seems to know a lot but I dont see any of his work (and by work, I dont mean you multiply a signal by -1 to invert a saw wave and you expect a standing ovation and applause for your hard work), I mean real things like a 'product', then I am Hurftul, nasty and aggressive. Nice double standards there, and great Trump logic. Congratulations.

This is just blatant abuse.

William Palminteri
rocknrollkat

Previous

Return to User Examples