Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Useful Tip: De-Zippers and result of Multiplication

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Re: Useful Tip: De-Zippers and result of Multiplication

Postby nix » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:37 pm

mmm-
I can agree to that.
It's obvious that DSP effects work and they do not all sound the same.
The different effects have different waveforms when rendered to prove it.

however-
multiplication and division sound the same, I think any rounding errors are inconsequential when using a normal bitrate.

-- they are essentially exactly the same.
If you took a 440 hz sine with .5 peak, and multiplied it by .5 and rendered that
and the same sine and divided it by 2
they would null when phase inverted for sure, without any noise or inconsistencies at all
This test could be extrapolated by multiplying them again by 2 and dividing it by .5 unto say 1000 iters
to see if they would still null perfect
--they prolly would
nix

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:12 pm

Ok, lol; so I feel having no de-zip can be very relevant. But obviously using it while configuring or affecting settings there is a great strength to its being utilized.

To that end I've made a usable example which can be found in the beta of the shelf EQ which is available here:
http://flowstone.co.uk/support/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14696&sid=96a171acb2c1bef01280c0fce38a2753

(just look within the code which contains the coefs for the hp and lp).
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby jesterstudios » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:06 am

Nubeat7 wrote:Could you explain how exactly the Sound is getting fuller when a Multiplication instead of a Division is used? Sure it's faster so there is less risk of crackles, but a fuller Sound?

I'm designing a virtual effects pedal that requires different knobs to have certain frequencies can I do that with the dezipper?
Whomever helps me figure this out will be given a big thank you
Industrial music isn't dead.
jesterstudios

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:09 am

jesterstudios wrote:
Nubeat7 wrote:Could you explain how exactly the Sound is getting fuller when a Multiplication instead of a Division is used? Sure it's faster so there is less risk of crackles, but a fuller Sound?

I'm designing a virtual effects pedal that requires different knobs to have certain frequencies can I do that with the dezipper?
Whomever helps me figure this out will be given a big thank you

the de-zipper merely adds a bit of tension and latency feedback. It's a subtle sound and I suppose you could use a few of them in tandem to create a bit of fuzziness, sort of like the wave brand fx. They have their own color and I guess it's something similar but, obviously different.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Previous

Return to DSP