Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

rand float array

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

rand float array

Postby HughBanton » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:58 pm

I fear this might be a dumb / I'm-out-of-practice type question, but ..

On p242 of the user guide there's float buffer[100] = rand(-0.5,0.5); to randomise the contents of the array.

Does that generate 100 random numbers or 400?

What I'm getting at is when dsp code for my 4-note chord addresses, say, buffer[0], will all 4 notes pick up the same random number, or 4 different ones?
HughBanton

Re: rand float array

Postby martinvicanek » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:54 pm

I dont know off the top of my head but you can find out with Trogs Mono4 tools. ;)
martinvicanek

Postby trogluddite » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:42 am

Using the poly versions of the above I took a quick peek; and yes, every poly voice gets a unique array of randomness across all SSE channels and all blocks of four voices.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby HughBanton » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:18 am

Aw thanks guys, I was going to look at it this afternoon, honest ..

That's the exact answer I was hoping for. Great tools btw, Trog, I've only been here intermittently of late and hadn't spotted them yet.

Anyway I'm supposed to be concentrating on being a musician again for 2 or 3 months, and not messing around with that software of mine all the time :roll: . And I am taking a 'finished' (yeah, right) version of my HB3 organ on the road with me, so I really shouldn't be contemplating any enhancements right now. Sigh ..
HughBanton

Postby trogluddite » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:03 pm

HughBanton wrote:Anyway I'm supposed to be concentrating on being a musician again for 2 or 3 months, and not messing around with that software of mine all the time :roll: . And I am taking a 'finished' (yeah, right) version of my HB3 organ on the road with me, so I really shouldn't be contemplating any enhancements right now. Sigh ..

FlowStone gets some people like that. I'm just getting back on my feet after a monster 50+ hour session working on my 'node envelope' (I can't quite remember whether I ate anything during that time, but I certainly didn't sleep!) Maybe FlowStone should come with a stern warning about its addictive properties, like tobacco does! :lol:
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:46 am

I’m not only addicted, I dream about FlowStone. :shock:

Weird stuff like what is the best sauce to go with an oscillator module and should I get a new carpet for FlowStone.

Help meeeeee!

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:29 pm

Spogg wrote:Help meeeeee!

OF COURSE!

1)
6a00d8341c7d2053ef010534cd30c6970b-640wi.jpg
6a00d8341c7d2053ef010534cd30c6970b-640wi.jpg (28.04 KiB) Viewed 17787 times
What else?

2) Yes. This one.
unnamed.png
unnamed.png (189.72 KiB) Viewed 17787 times

I hope you feel better now! ;)
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby trogluddite » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:47 pm

Spogg wrote:Weird stuff like what is the best sauce to go with an oscillator

Aaah! :idea: Maybe this explains your predeliction for such "saucy" project names?! :lol:
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:53 am

Tulamide, not only have you resolved two of my dreams, you managed to get my favourite colour schemes involved!

Rather than being bothered by these FS confusions, I now find myself looking forward to those still to come, because I feel I can rely on you to provide closure.

@trog :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Return to DSP