Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Impulse Response

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Re: Impulse Response

Postby tulamide » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:56 pm

RJHollins wrote:OR ... is there some other aspect that's buggin' you that I'm missing?

Well, I wouldn't want this baby to basically be a duplicate of that audiothing convolver with just another graphic style, while having the same features and layout.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby martinvicanek » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:32 pm

Wow, that audio thingy sure looks good. But I bet tulamide can top the GUI, and in terms of features we have something to offer as well. I am talking about synthethic IR generation onboard. ;)
martinvicanek

Postby KG_is_back » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:12 pm

The gated reverb module... just a simple gate, with separate inputs and sidechain.

controls:
gateDuck - the target gain when gate is closed. (0 = gate closes completely, 0.5 = gate ducks signal by 50%~-6dB)
threshold - level at which gate opens/closes. Linear scaled. I considered having separate thresholds for opening and closing, but it shouldn't be necessary.
hold time - delay time between when signal drops below threshold and when gate starts closing. It prevents distortions, when signal fluctuates near threshold.
release time - how fast gate closes after hold-time elapsed. Works like conventional envelope follower.

scaling for the hold time and release time may be edited in the properties. I purposefully implemented the parameters as inputs, instead of a GUI, so that GUI may be made separately. All inputs are in 0-1 range, so knobs should be easy to do. gateDuck and threshold might work better if knobs are in dB format and then converted to 0-1.
Attachments
gate.fsm
(142.42 KiB) Downloaded 1900 times
KG_is_back

Postby tulamide » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:49 pm

KG_is_back wrote:The gated reverb module... just a simple gate, with separate inputs and sidechain.

controls:
gateDuck - the target gain when gate is closed. (0 = gate closes completely, 0.5 = gate ducks signal by 50%~-6dB)
threshold - level at which gate opens/closes. Linear scaled. I considered having separate thresholds for opening and closing, but it shouldn't be necessary.
hold time - delay time between when signal drops below threshold and when gate starts closing. It prevents distortions, when signal fluctuates near threshold.
release time - how fast gate closes after hold-time elapsed. Works like conventional envelope follower.

scaling for the hold time and release time may be edited in the properties. I purposefully implemented the parameters as inputs, instead of a GUI, so that GUI may be made separately. All inputs are in 0-1 range, so knobs should be easy to do. gateDuck and threshold might work better if knobs are in dB format and then converted to 0-1.

Downloading now, but may only be able to have a look at it tomorrow. But from the description it does pretty much the same as the RV 7000 in Reason, which is working great: Click to see image
tulamide

Postby tulamide » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:18 am

You may have wondered why I wasn't active in this thread for more than a month now. The reason is, I am helping someone by programming Ruby stuff. It is a very ambitious project and I want to give the very best I can.

In the past I made a big mistake: I always said yes. I just wanted to help everyone. Recently I realized that this only leads to disappointment, because I simply can't help all. And so some will suffer, especially because I don't want to destroy their hopes and therefore don't tell them that I'm sorry, but won't be able to do what I promised.

I'm in the process of learning to say no. Also, I try to realize what I can and can't. And currently, this project is on hold, until I'm done with the current work.

I made this decision, because the other project is well advanced, basically just waiting for my Ruby modules. Our IR engine doesn't have a strict timeline.

Sorry for delaying the progress, but that's how it is. Thank you.
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:54 am

I'm certain that people will understand and I think it was a good idea to tell folk that some will be disappointed. They won't die from it!
Plus, it's far better to do just one thing well than 3 things badly.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby martinvicanek » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:28 am

@tulamide, that's perfectly OK with me. I have been busy with other things, too. On the other hand, now that Spogg has his site up, hmm... :idea:
martinvicanek

Postby lalalandsynth » Fri May 31, 2019 5:14 pm

Did this project die ? i am willing to make a gui .
Also, can this take a stereo impulse ?
For making the impulses is it best to use a sweep and deconvolve or just use an impulse ?

Loading impulses works perfectly in FS but crashes Reaper....sometimes.

EDIT: Tested this extensively , still seems to crash randomly when loading impulses.
Also sometimes either gets super distorted or turns into a tremolo in FS.

Very promising apart from that.
lalalandsynth

Postby martinvicanek » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:57 pm

I could make a more stable version if there is interest. But have you tried MVerb 7B?
martinvicanek

Postby lalalandsynth » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:05 pm

There is definitely interest from me ! Having some amazing fun with this thing.
I am certainly willing to make a sexy gui for it.
I really think this opens up a world of possibilities for FS.

yes , tried the M7 , now I got to test again after the predelay fix.
Also willing to make a GUI for that if you want , just say the word , I owe you that much after using all your stuff :)
lalalandsynth

PreviousNext

Return to DSP