Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Specific envelope needed!

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Re: Specific envelope needed!

Postby BobF » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:01 pm

Ok Tom, here is my version. You have the choice of exponential, convex, or linear for both attack and decay.

env for Tom w_Exp_Convex_Linear.fsm
(649.03 KiB) Downloaded 1265 times

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby tulamide » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:12 pm

After the excitement over the padsynth algorithm, I finally found the time to test your schematics, and I want to thank you both, Adam and Bob, for your awesome works!

I tend to prefer Adam's solution, just because it is more versatile. Bob's version does the same job in the same quality, only it's more limited in curve design. I know I didn't ask for it, but now that it's there, I would love to make use of it :)

However, Adam, your version only works in the Alpha. It is a very risky job to rebuild everything in 3.0.6, but even at the very beginning (copying the Assembler code) it already fails. I've linked to a fullsize screenshot, so that you can see exactly what is going on.
I beg you Adam, please, make this available in 3.0.6! I would die for it. And even if you can correct this issue and tell me how to transfer it in my 3.0.6 schematic, there is so much more that can go wrong when I try to copy it. But I'm not the developer of this thing, so I wouldn't know where to start looking for the issue. If you would convert it to 3.0.6, I can be sure it works as intended!

Please consider it!

(Click on the thumbnail)
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby adamszabo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:47 am

Allright I installed 3.0.6, and remade it for you. Here you go.
Attachments
env for Tom adamszabo 3.0.6 .fsm
(47.07 KiB) Downloaded 1261 times
adamszabo

Postby tulamide » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:45 pm

adamszabo wrote:Allright I installed 3.0.6, and remade it for you. Here you go.

Adam, you are my hero! Thank you so much! I just used it in a small test, and it's a dream come true! Thanks, thanks, thanks!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby adamszabo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:44 pm

No problem, now you can make my dream come true. hint hint ;)
adamszabo

Postby newdsp » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:20 am

adamszabo wrote:No problem, now you can make my dream come true. hint hint ;)

And the dream was... What ? LOL. The problem is that the scope is showing how the envelope works but when I route as oscillator through the envelope the sound is not following that shape. The sound stops as soon as I release the key. According to the envelope the sound should sustain or hold for the numbers set in the envelope but it's not doing it.
Attachments
Env For Tom Adamszabo 3.0.6 - 3.0.9 Mod .fsm
(54.02 KiB) Downloaded 968 times
newdsp

Postby adamszabo » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:44 am

newdsp wrote:
adamszabo wrote:No problem, now you can make my dream come true. hint hint ;)

And the dream was... What ? LOL. The problem is that the scope is showing how the envelope works but when I route as oscillator through the envelope the sound is not following that shape. The sound stops as soon as I release the key. According to the envelope the sound should sustain or hold for the numbers set in the envelope but it's not doing it.

That dream was something Toms was going to help me with, but that dream hasnt been fulfilled yet so I am still dreaming :lol:

This envelope was designed very specifically for Toms needs, it wont work for what you are after. If you read carefully, the Envelope has Attack, Hold, and Decay, it doesnt have Release stage like you want, so it will indeed stop as soon as you let go of the key. The envelope would need to be rewritten for what you are after.
adamszabo

Previous

Return to DSP