Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

How to disable sound in Demo mode - export

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

How to disable sound in Demo mode - export

Postby mayo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:27 pm

Hello

Im making plug-in and Demo (i can make some restrictions like noise etc) but Do you have any idea how to disable sound in exprted wav file?

Many commercial plug-ins have this feature, in daw you hear sound but when you export wav file there is just silence.

Im making kick drum plugin so people can easily export wavs and use them as samples that is why noise restriction is not enough

Thanks
mayo

Re: How to disable sound in Demo mode - export

Postby mayo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:32 pm

mayo wrote:Hello

Im making plug-in and Demo (i can make some restrictions like noise etc) but Do you have any idea how to disable sound in exprted wav file?

Many commercial plug-ins have this feature, in daw you hear sound but when you export wav file there is just silence.

Im making kick drum plugin so people can easily export wavs and use them as samples that is why noise restriction is not enough

Thanks

only one ideaI had is to add module EdOpen- Editor module opened but problem is that when you close editor window sound is turned off too and it may be curious for some people,

but some companies managed it and disabled sound in exported wav while sound is always playing when vst is used /opened or closed editor window doesnt matter/
mayo

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:28 am

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby trogluddite » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:53 pm

Search for "offline" in the toolbox - you should find a primitive called "Offline Mode" which outputs true when the host is doing a rendering. I'd advise a little testing with it first to make sure it does what you want, though - I'm not sure if there are any other VST host conditions which make it output true, and there may be VST hosts which don't support it.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby mayo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:14 am

trogluddite wrote:Search for "offline" in the toolbox - you should find a primitive called "Offline Mode" which outputs true when the host is doing a rendering. I'd advise a little testing with it first to make sure it does what you want, though - I'm not sure if there are any other VST host conditions which make it output true, and there may be VST hosts which don't support it.

Thank you very much for idea, unfortunatelly it does not work in FL Studio, in Cubase works fine but not in FL
I dont know why because some other companies did it (muted audio when exporting from FL)
mayo

Return to DSP