Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

VST Works fine until I change presets

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

VST Works fine until I change presets

Postby DynamicPhase » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:36 am

Hello guys,
so I've been working on this synth for a school project and I'm runing into problems with my VST export.
The export runs as I want it to when I open it in Ableton Live 10.1 with jBridger, but as soon as I change the preset everything becomes erratic: some knobs dissapear, it only outputs sound if sequencers are on, FM works when it feels like it...
Is there any way to make flowstone use the working preset as default for blank slots in the preset manager? If not what could be the problem?

I believe that the schematic could be too big but I'm not sure since I'm a huge noob at this. :lol: The CPU usage is about 40% in my computer but I don't think that's the problem because when it works it works just fine :?:

I will attach both the .dll with the working preset and the schematic. Hopefully someone can help me out, I would appreciate it a lot.

Mediafire link, the froum won't let me attach files for some reason:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/evq97a ... e_Dynamics

EDIT: When exported to VST the synth only works when Sequencers are on, inside Flowstone it works normally. No idea why :|
DynamicPhase

Re: VST Works fine until I change presets

Postby Spogg » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:08 pm

I checked a saved preset file and found that there are a huge amount of non-unique preset parameter names and this can lead to all sorts of problems. Some of the names are just “Knob”!

Back in 2017 I made a tutorial about using the preset manager:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5985&hilit=preset+tutorial

The most recent update is in the first post, so there’s no need to wade through the whole topic (unless you want to!).

Now you’ve got work to do before we can check it out further… ;)
Spogg

Postby DynamicPhase » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:03 pm

Spogg you are the man!!
I was looking for something exactly like that around the forum with no luck. I have hundreds of presets name to change so I better get back to it :lol: Wish I knew this from the start...

Thank you very very much!
DynamicPhase

Postby Spogg » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:16 pm

DynamicPhase wrote:... Wish I knew this from the start...

Glad I could help!

There’s just SO MUCH useful information stored here. It’s just finding it.
At least it’s something you won’t forget in a hurry! ;)
Spogg

Postby DynamicPhase » Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:32 pm

It was very helpfull, I have the preset situation fixed now but my problem with MIDI and ruby sequencers remains...
If it was a problem with ruby it wouldn't work when ON, but it doesn't work when it's OFF. When It's Off the MIDI information just bypasses the ruby code straight into the MIDI to Poly so I have no idea why it won't work.
Here's the modified schematic with the presets sorted out:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6i4m0dw6 ... 6.fsm/file
Edit: Another note is that this only happens when exported, inside Flowstone everything works fine
DynamicPhase

Postby Spogg » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:14 am

The preset parameter naming task is not yet complete!

I copied the preset into Word, selected the whole document, did an A-Z sort (paragraph), deleted all the numeric string values at the start then looked down the list for duplicates.

I’ve highlighted the duplicates for you. You’ve sorted most of it but we need all the parameters to be unique first…
Attachments
Duplicate names.zip
(12.92 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
Spogg

Postby DynamicPhase » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:11 pm

Pretty sure I got it now, I triple checked :lol:
There's one line of the preset that bothers me tho:
Sequencer 1-Osc 2 AM OnOff Float 0.000000
Why do the sequencer and the AM on/off appear on the same line if they are completely unrelated?
The problem with the sequencers inside the DAW still remains :(

Thanks a lot for your time Spogg, for real

https://www.mediafire.com/file/s4jz9ttn ... l.fsm/file
DynamicPhase

Postby Spogg » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:20 pm

The preset parameters are all fine now.

Here’s what I’ve found and done:

In the MIDI Unison modules the Low Key array was connected to the Low Velocity pin (not Low key).

You were using many ADSRs for the joystick and FM LFOs. These were all keeping all channels open once one note was played. I removed the lot! CPU went down from 61% to 8% and down to 1.5 after all notes had finished.

Sequencer 2 fixed: ON not connected.

Preset manager was locking: A common problem. You just Lock…Save…Unlock… save (schematic)

In FS a running sequencer caused stream disruption but was ok when the front GUI was not in view (another common issue with complex schematics due to excessive redrawing and triggers).

I haven’t tested everything and didn’t check the matrix at all.

Here’s the zip with the schematic, plugin dll and 2 presets I made. The sequencers and presets work fine in Reaper (32 bit).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87vyk7ci9wiks ... 1.zip?dl=0

If you find any more problems you can’t fix yourself just ask…
Spogg

Postby DSPRU1 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:44 am

DynamicPhase wrote:Pretty sure I got it now, I triple checked :lol:

You are using the old sequencers that do not stop when you turn them off. You should use one of mine. I fixed most of those bugs. You can find more files for FS here but I don't use version 306. All my files were modified with FlowStone v3.0.9b2-3319-gd51130b because of the 64bit VST2 export option.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Attachments
WaveState 021.fsm
Modify it with v3.0.9b2-3319-gd51130b
(933.82 KiB) Downloaded 457 times
DSPRU1

Postby DSPRU1 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:58 am

Here is my best work so far. An ARP made from scratch (in about 30 minutes) specifically for your FlowStone 306 needs. It even waits for midi input to start. But don't forget to turn it on first. And it even stops automatically if you don't keep the key pressed for like 3 seconds or so. And it's even able to switch between Major and Minor scales with just one switch button. Off is for Maj scale and On is for a Min scale arpeggio. How advanced is that ? Now just add more ARP patterns and whatever else you need. The counter acts as a step sequencer without any user interface or slow CPU based drawing. You can edit it with 306 or with 309. It seems to work with both.

Update: After testing it in FL Studio the timer is not exactly in sync with the metronome from FL. Especially if you let it run for more than 1 BAR. It think it needs to be reset every bar to stay in sync or it needs a more precise timer or a counter that runs at sample rate. Needs some extra fixes I guess.
Attachments
Maj Min Arp 002.fsm
This one works for 64 bit export using FS 309.
(73.96 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
Maj Min Arp 001.fsm
Made from scratch for FlowStone 306. Which I don't even use. This one I'm not able to test because 32 bit export issues and errors reported in FL Studio.
(120.12 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
DSPRU1

Next

Return to DSP