Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

custom usb device

Discuss robotics applications using FlowStone here

custom usb device

Postby flowax » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Is it possible to create my own custom usb device so i can use flowstone to create a UI to control it?
flowax

Re: custom usb device

Postby Spogg » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:41 am

I don't know anything about the Robotics stuff but I would guess you would need to create a MIDI output driver.
Then you could use the MIDI Out prim to send all manner of messages to your USB device, which would then interpret them accordingly.
This was done in the old Synthmaker days and I've seen a few MIDI editors designed to control hardware synths. This was a very popular thing several years ago because hardware synths often had very limited front panel controls. The messages sent would normally be System Exclusive (Sysex) but in your own design you could use whatever protocols you wished.

Sounds like an interesting idea!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby DaveyBoy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:16 am

Just use a cheap USB to serial converter.
This appears as a virtual com port, then just use the com port prim to send/receive whatever data you wish.

And yes, you can create fantastic GUIs with Flowstone :)
DaveyBoy

Postby aronb » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi,

I use MicroElectronika PIC Compilers (C and BASIC) and the "StartUSB for PIC" development PCBs to get up and running with an idea. There are examples on the forum on doing this. And of course Flowstone makes AWESOME GUIs for the user ! ! !

See: https://shop.mikroe.com/development-boards/starter/startusb/pic

Good Luck - its really easy to do though ;)

Aron
aronb

custom usb device

Postby byronveF » Sun May 12, 2019 7:51 am

I could not get the ENTTEC unit working under Mavericks. Can anyone recommend an alternative USB DMX device?
byronveF

Return to Robotics