Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Sending/receiving data through the COM port

Discuss Control Systems here

Sending/receiving data through the COM port

Postby sporter » Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:08 am

Hi,

New Flowstone user here. I am working on a project to use Arduino to control an actuator and read the position on Flowstone so it can be plotted real-time, and also the computer sends data to the Arduino to tell the actuator where it needs to go.

I have simplified and isolated this part of the program on the attached MWE.

What I need help with:
1) I have a string module connected to the Data input on the COM port module. When I type something and press enter I should be sending data, but nothing comes up in the log. What am I doing wrong?

2) On the output "In" bubble, Flowstone receives a string. I converted the string to a float since I'll need to make some calculations with it, but nothing shows up on the float box. What am I doing wrong?

Much thanks in advance!

Moderator comment:
The schematic is made in an alpha or beta version of FlowStone. If it’s made in an alpha from the Slack group, please post there, in the Help channel. If it’s made in the beta version from this site you should be aware that the 2 versions available are very broken. Please have a look at this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11635
Attachments
MWE.fsm
(26.31 KiB) Downloaded 1103 times
sporter

Re: Sending/receiving data through the COM port

Postby sporter » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:23 pm

Hi,

I used version 3.0.9 to create the schematic. From the post you sent it seems I will need to start from scratch, is that it?
sporter

Re: Sending/receiving data through the COM port

Postby Spogg » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:55 am

sporter wrote:Hi,

I used version 3.0.9 to create the schematic. From the post you sent it seems I will need to start from scratch, is that it?

Unfortunately yes :(
Spogg

Return to Machine Control