Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Auto Com ?

Discuss Control Systems here

Re: Auto Com ?

Postby JB_AU » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Helps to not turn ruby off!

I now only need to add some delays , but most importantly stop the module from firing until i have entered the vid & pid.
I dare say i have to wrap that ruby descriptor code into an if statement or something simpler & wait for the button to be pressed.

Oh my, round & round i go.

regq_autocom.fsm
(30.83 KiB) Downloaded 2451 times
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Albert Einstein
JB_AU

Re: Auto Com ?

Postby JB_AU » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 pm

I'm just stuck, when no port is found it gives a message , after acknowledgement i need to reset the counter & clear the descriptor values.
Then it's finished & can go into 'user examples' , where someone can add polish.
This project i started when i got the flu weeks ago.

I knew the windows registry holds current ports of active hardware & previous ports, but nether the same port for different hardware to reduce conflicts.
The KEY i was interested in was 'HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\' , so i needed to look at the Device Descriptor VID(VendorID) & PID(ProductID) & do a recursive search. Knowing that a usb device is either SI(SingleInterface) or MI(MultipleInterface).
I use ShellExecute to load REG.EXE & Thanks to 'TheOm' i used his ruby code so i could do a recursive search, I then filter the results with "Trogluddite's" stringystuff filters.
Compare the array of known useable ports from 'ComPort' module & 'and' them against the current interface in registry 'MI0x' looking for the value that exists in both arrays.
The cycle is repeated until either a 'Port' value is found or 'No' value is found, where the latter 'Nubeat's' messagebox asks to check the hardware.

And of course just some finishing touches needed.

regq_autocom_rev.fsm
Rev0.0005
(30.77 KiB) Downloaded 2475 times
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Albert Einstein
JB_AU

Previous

Return to Machine Control