Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Flowbluino - The Node Warrior

Discuss Control Systems here

Flowbluino - The Node Warrior

Postby JB_AU » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:02 pm

This is my first Flowstone tutorial of many i am currently writing & working on.
It has been difficult as these forums a geared more towards sound enthusiasts than robotics enthusiasts.
I understand know body likes hand holding for beginners, it can be frustrating, so i'll just plod along in my own time.

Anyhow please read my first draft & add any comments / mistakes or clarifications :)

**2mb uploads makes it difficult to upload this file :(

***The extension pdf is not allowed.

I'm over it!

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=248330.0;attach=85922
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Albert Einstein
JB_AU

Re: Flowbluino - The Node Warrior

Postby trogluddite » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:13 pm

Even as a 'sound enthusiast' that came across as very easy to follow (even the 'C'? code made sense!).
A great idea too - as you say, hardware interfacing enthusiasts are rather poorly represented so far on the forum. Kind of a chicken-and-egg situation that needs just this kind of thing to draw them into the fold and make FS a "go to" solution for the PC side of things. The stock examples from DSPr seem OK, but they're maybe a little too generic, whereas you have written a proper "application note" that is very practical.

The only suggestion I can think of is maybe a little emphasis on the linking order. The serial primitive naturally needs to build a lot of Strings out of small parts, so I think a quick example of how link order will change how the String is formed would be worthwhile. I know that the User Guide does mention it, but IIRC, it's buried quite a way in, and doesn't specifically cover String construction - it will be a vital skill that hard-core serial users will need to master very early on.

Besides that one small thing, excellent work. Looking forward to the rest of the series - maybe I will finally make that leap into hardware that I've always been putting off!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby JB_AU » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:52 am

I have added it to the start & will update when the tutorial moves nearer to the bottom :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Albert Einstein
JB_AU

Postby RJHollins » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:13 pm

nice tutorial !

Thanks 8-)
RJHollins

Postby Exo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:09 am

Thanks for the tutorial :)

I will have a need for interfacing with a Bluetooth device in the future. I think some of the info in this will help so thanks, saved for future reference :).
Flowstone Guru. Blog and download site for Flowstone.
Best VST Plugins. Initial Audio.
Exo

Postby FluxCapacitance » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:22 am

Nice. I'll have to do some studying. Arduino is heavily supported with hardware that is much cheaper. Having a way to set it up with flowstone is handy.
FluxCapacitance

Postby tester » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:22 pm

@JB_AU

I see, that there is Arduino Nano 33 BLE, which is bluetooth version.

Will your stuff work, to receive bt data/measurements from this version of arduino board into the Flowstone?
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby tester » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:15 pm

@JB_AU, your tutorial is not readable neither for non-flowstoners nor for long-time flowstoners. Could you post some clean schematic that works as a receiver with external bluetooth devices, with simple info where, which, in what way - things have to be changed manually in order to work with something like ble wearables?
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Return to Machine Control