Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

DSPplug tick100

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: DSPplug tick100

Postby ChrisHooker » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:05 pm

Acting humble in no way hurts innovation.
Being driven, educated, experimental, tenacious, creative, and willing to accept failure... are (some) characteristics that yield progress. A lack of those traits is what could hurt innovation. THINKING (or even knowing) you can do better than others, and proclaiming that you are better than others are different things. You can be smarter and accomplish more than others, while still presenting yourself as being humble.
Your posts do not show this.

Being humble wouldn't have resulted in you posting the blue idea, which is a better idea in most cases.

Here's an example of being humble: Attached is a schematic showing blue code that grabs a sample at every "tick" of the user's desired timing. It is sample accurate, unlike the green triggering system, but it's not in assembly, so may be able to be improved on, but hopefully it fits a need for some.

Or you could go this way:
FlowStone ticks are inherently broken, and can't be used with audio streams, but with only a little tinkering, I found a way to solve that. I can't believe FS would let this problem go for so long. ...Why have I not posted this before? Because it's pretty simple, and I assumed you would have been able to figure it out yourself. <-- Not humble.

See how in both cases, you still have the attached schematic, but the two presentations made you feel and react differently?

People put themselves out there by being rude, so why not go that extra step and try to also be innovative

Maybe in your social circles you encounter this, but I choose friends who are NOT rude, yet still put themselves out there. The two aren't mutually inclusive. Why not go the extra step and be innovative, but NOT rude?
In actuality, if you are rude, people tend to NOT listen to what you have to say, even if you have good points.
Attachments
Code tick vs Green tick.fsm
Made in version 3.0.8.1
(43.94 KiB) Downloaded 771 times
ChrisHooker

Postby pshannon » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:55 pm

@Chrishooker- Great comparison on the tick examples. Thanks for sharing.
@king oz / wang - Chrishooker in my opinion really summed it up well between humble and not being very humble. I notice when that word is over used with people and in my opinion from experiences they are actually the opposite of that which is "Cocky/arrogant".
With Tula, in my opinion he clearly wants to make sure people are not mislead with what is a fact/non-fact (thanks tula for that and all your help). When dealing with the language gap from around the world, sometimes the expression gets lost in translation and might come across differently than it was intended.
There are plenty of diverse talents in this forum and you should take some of their feedback as a gift. You have to realize you won't know everything and to ask people what they think about your design vs telling them how they should think about your design are two different things all together. I have seen plenty of your designs and I can tell you put a ton of work into it and your gui interfaces are amazing sometimes too. Thanks for sharing that stuff.
Good luck.
pshannon

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:57 pm

pshannon wrote:@Chrishooker- Great comparison on the tick examples. Thanks for sharing.
@king oz / wang - Chrishooker in my opinion really summed it up well between humble and not being very humble. I notice when that word is over used with people and in my opinion from experiences they are actually the opposite of that which is "Cocky/arrogant".
With Tula, in my opinion he clearly wants to make sure people are not mislead with what is a fact/non-fact (thanks tula for that and all your help). When dealing with the language gap from around the world, sometimes the expression gets lost in translation and might come across differently than it was intended.
There are plenty of diverse talents in this forum and you should take some of their feedback as a gift. You have to realize you won't know everything and to ask people what they think about your design vs telling them how they should think about your design are two different things all together. I have seen plenty of your designs and I can tell you put a ton of work into it and your gui interfaces are amazing sometimes too. Thanks for sharing that stuff.
Good luck.

Well, OK smart guy. here's a perfect tick 100 using both Ruby and Prims. You see? People talk and talk and talk. Innovate. Nonsense, all nonsense. Don't talk, innovate.

At least a bit of negativity keeps Me sharp. And in the case of Tula, he guesses a lot and he likes being negative. I get it. That's part of his personality.

So, tomorrow I'll upload this new example that works 100%, here it is in image form. Doubters, foolish doubting the skills of King OZ, lol. :D And I guess it's not uncommon for people feeling foolish for doubting My skills. Sometimes I just shake My head and wonder if I'm not related to the gene pool, lol. Guess I'm not so cocky but skilled eh?

That's why I do this commercially.

Follow the instructions in the image and it's 100% perfect. No more ruby CPU sputtering and 2% spikes

O69FTIC.png
O69FTIC.png (5.73 KiB) Viewed 12978 times
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby trogluddite » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:51 am

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:It's why it's useless to listen to people enforcing a status quo when the status quo doesn't work.

The "people enforcing a status quo" around here are Spogg and myself, and if you think that this status quo "doesn't work" then you are not obliged to post here. Otherwise, please refrain from personal attacks (you can hardly deny it; you even used the word "personality" in your comment about tula). Since you have so blatantly encouraged criticism with your boasting, I do not deem that (so far) anyone has unfairly attacked you (though I do remind everyone else to play nicely, whatever the provocation).

Ultimately, this is a technical forum, not a sales and marketing convention, nor a personality contest. Your commercial success and witty repartee count for little when your schematics are being judged - they will be criticised or praised based primarily upon their usefulness and technical merits. Be warned however, that "perfect tickers" have been presented every few months ever since SynthMaker was first released over a decade ago, and we have become rather expert at debunking them over the years. Chris has done a sterling job of explaining why it is believed impossible, and this is based on sound empirical experiments and computing theory, not just common or garden dogma.

In the mean time, can you please calm down a bit - I nearly have my perpetual motion machine working (to be posted shortly, I promise), and your chest-beating is very distracting. ;)
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby k brown » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:44 am

:D :lol: :D :lol:
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:20 pm

I am calm I have customers and I don't have excuses for them. Like in the image posted above; (if you had tested instead of being so negative) you'd realize that I've now succeeded and it works.

It makes no sense to be so negative all the time, it achieves nothing. Look inside this new schematic and you'll see that it gets exactly to 100 each second, never more never less and of course it doesn't spike at all which is great.

And you know, flowstone is a product that is hampered for a commercial effort, I'm trying to make it a more popular product for commercial means and ends, and everyone serving this negativity is serving against the commercial viability of this product.

Like how I'll next post the 32 bit LU metering solution which is more effective than Youlean's method. I learned to think like this in construction, I used to be a lead hand. I'd tell people to get back to work and we got the job done. We didn't bother being negative we just got it done. I think it's the sign of the times, parents not raising their children to be effective and productive enough frankly that these ethics become so pervasive.

Test, test again and be happy.

Please stop bringing the commercial viability of DSProbotics down with speaking against Me, I'm making this product to commercial spec day in day out. Eventually the alpha will be done, and with a huge influx of people coming who don't want insults, negativity and want instead productivity I'd like them to be pleasantly surprised by perfectly aligned ticks, viable visual products and countless ideas which can be bolstered by their imaginations.

It might even be in https://

I make money with this product and My customers deserve the very best, not excuses from Me. I believe flowstone can be the best with work.

Youtube Video: About My attitude at DSP robotics
Attachments
DSPplug - perfect tick 100.fsm
(31.79 KiB) Downloaded 784 times
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby tulamide » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:48 pm

OMG, I just realized, this forum now has its own little Trump!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby deraudrl » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:07 pm

tulamide wrote:OMG, I just realized, this forum now has its own little Trump!
The phrase "Godwin's Law, 2020 Edition" just jumped into my head for no apparent reason. 8-)
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby tulamide » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:21 pm

deraudrl wrote:
tulamide wrote:OMG, I just realized, this forum now has its own little Trump!
The phrase "Godwin's Law, 2020 Edition" just jumped into my head for no apparent reason. 8-)

...other than trying to outsmart me. And you succeeded. But the fact remains :P
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby k brown » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:39 pm

Why do you think the toolbox Parametric EQ jerks around as shown in his video - it doesn't do that on my computer, and it's a 20-year old ThinkPad? - perfectly smooth. I fact nothing in FS works like that on my cobweb machine! :shock: :?:

In fact I've used it in several schematics - looks as it should, works as it should, sounds as it should.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples