Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Filter Curve Display

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Filter Curve Display

Postby glitchcpt » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:01 pm

Hey guys its me again :mrgreen:

I have another query, i think its still noob haha

anyway, I am trying to create a filter display curve, I managed to get this far, but it is acting rather like a peaking filter than a LPF in the display window.

Basically i need to make the float array append only the values below the "freq" input to -1, i think that should fix it, however I'm struggling with that,

Thanks in advance :D
Attachments
Filter Curve0.2.fsm
(28.02 KiB) Downloaded 1261 times
Last edited by glitchcpt on Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
glitchcpt

Re: Filter Curve Display

Postby glitchcpt » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:52 pm

UPDATE:

I managed to get the Band Pass, Band Reject and Peaking modes to display correctly :D
Still struggling with the Low Pass and High Pass
glitchcpt

Postby KG_is_back » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:39 pm

I think your main problem is, that you're doing it all wrong. Inside there is a "biquad frequency response" primitive, that builds the graph. You input the biquad coefficients and it builds the array for graph in given range.

Just before the prim you have a module called "Peaking EQ Biquad Coeffs" that calculates the biquad coefficients of a peaking filter from frequency, rez and gain. In order to make the graph to show also other filter types than peaking, you need to make more of these modules - for each filter type one and select between them.

This may prove complicated, since you want to show response of a 3x oversampled state-variable filter (which is somewhat equivalent to oversampled biquads LPF BPF HPF combination).

What I recommend is to use copy of the filter, connect it to impulse and Analyser prims. And use FFTgraph prim to extract the frequency response.
KG_is_back

Postby glitchcpt » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:22 am

Thanks KG, I guess its all a learning experience right? :lol:

I will try that idea, thanks man
glitchcpt

Postby glitchcpt » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:59 am

Editted

So far so good, thanks KG :)

I just need to touch up the graphic elements a bit, but its kind of exactly what i was looking for :twisted:
glitchcpt

Return to User Examples