Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Tempo-Synced LFO

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Tempo-Synced LFO

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:40 pm

Hey, here's a basic tempo-synced LFO I put together. I'm not sure if someone's already made and shared something better but I couldn't immediately find one searching the forums so I just made one myself.

Any feedback, suggestions, or improvements are welcome.

EDIT: Updated with more sync rates and a Base control (transposes the waveform up or down).

Sync LFO.PNG
Sync LFO.PNG (18.94 KiB) Viewed 24695 times
Attachments
Sync_LFO_1.1 by Perfect Human Interface.fsm
(17.3 KiB) Downloaded 1736 times
Perfect Human Interface

Re: Tempo-Synced LFO

Postby newdsp » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:47 am

It doesn't open with v3.0.9b2-3319-gd51130b. Do you remember which FS version you used when you saved it ?
newdsp

Postby trogluddite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:10 pm

Here's my alternative version from a year or two ago: SyLFO (my dumb, made-up name probably fooled the search engine!)
They're not quite the same, though: mine locks the phase to the actual bar/beat position when it's inside a VST host, and has a couple of extra waveform options. However, it doesn't have your bi-polar or base-level options, and it's a bit tricker to use, as it needs a wireless "master" module as well as the LFO (NB: my version is also reported to fail in v3.0.9).
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby josevo » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:10 pm

newdsp wrote:It doesn't open with v3.0.9b2-3319-gd51130b. Do you remember which FS version you used when you saved it ?

It's working in v3.0.8.1 (stable)
I think beta versions (e.g. v3.0.9b2) are good for beta-testing, not for sharing.
josevo

Postby trogluddite » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:48 pm

josevo wrote:It's working in v3.0.8.1 (stable)
I think beta versions (e.g. v3.0.9b2) are good for beta-testing, not for sharing.

3.0.6 is the most recent version which is accepted to be stable. All later versions have a critical bug in Ruby which causes memory leaks and slow Ruby execution. The betas should not be used for any reason - the current "in development" code has long superceded them, so they are no longer useful even for testing.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Duckett » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:13 pm

I remember this- was quite excited at first to have found a synced LFO, but while often it would work fine while a schematic was open and FS was running, saving and re-opening, or exporting to VST/VSTi, would immediately freeze or crash either FS or the plugin host, depending- and it was always this LFO that was the culprit, for whatever reason; the most common behavior in FS would be no audio or processing through the module (the graphical cycle indicator always would work though), and any "touch" of a control on the LFO would freeze/crash FS.

Much thanks to you, Trog, for your wonderful SyLFO. Tempo-syncing is probably the number-one thing I got asked about Combellish when asking potential testers- I'm still very thankful to kortezz for wading through my spaghetti to help there ;)
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Postby josevo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:08 pm

trogluddite wrote:
josevo wrote:It's working in v3.0.8.1 (stable)

3.0.6 is the most recent version which is accepted to be stable. All later versions have a critical bug in Ruby which causes memory leaks and slow Ruby execution. The betas should not be used for any reason - the current "in development" code has long superceded them, so they are no longer useful even for testing.

I never expected that, Thank you!
I will use 3.0.6 from now on.
josevo

Return to User Examples