Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Can I interfacing with Labjack usb modules?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Can I interfacing with Labjack usb modules?

Postby lemorlenny » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi, this could be an a cheap alternative to Labview :D

Great!

Regards.
lemorlenny

Re: Can I interfacing with Labjack usb modules?

Postby admin » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:39 pm

Not right now via USB, but they do look very cool. We will look into it! (some of the LabJacks can be controlled via serial (COM ports) which would work today!)

Have you checked out the Phidgets boards almost the same only 1/2 the price! These are all already supported in FlowStone! http://www.phidgets.com

Update: The nice guys at LabJack are sending us a U3-HV to play with. So you could be in luck!
admin
Site Admin

Postby lemorlenny » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:13 pm

admin wrote:Not right now via USB, but they do look very cool. We will look into it! (some of the LabJacks can be controlled via serial (COM ports) which would work today!)

Have you checked out the Phidgets boards almost the same only 1/2 the price! These are all already supported in FlowStone! http://www.phidgets.com

Update: The nice guys at LabJack are sending us a U3-HV to play with. So you could be in luck!

Great!, (U3/HV it's mine furthermore :))
I hope you can add this device to your 'collection'.

Good work.
lemorlenny

Postby DSP » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:24 pm

LabJack U3-HV is now in FlowStone V1.1.3!
DSP

Postby paul.pacini » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:45 pm

I see the LabJack U3-HV module in FlowStone. I have a LabJack U12 I would like to use. I am trying to "move into" the FlowStone U3-HV module to view its schematics and components to modify it for LabJack U12 use, but I don't see the option to do so.

Is this feature not available in the free version? Am I doing something wrong? I'm following pg48 in the user guide with no luck.

Any help is appreciated! Also, if anyone has used the LabJack U12 and has some pointers, that would be very helpful too!
Kind regards,
Paul

Postby paul.pacini » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Forgive my newbie ignorance. I noticed that the USB interfaces are primitives and therefor can’t be “moved into.” :oops:

However, my question is still valid. How do I connect to an unsupported USB or serial COM device? Do I simply have to rely upon FlowStone support/admin for something like the LabJack U12? It would sure be nice to understand comparable, existing primitives and use their topology as a basis for design for something new. :?:

Thanks again.
Kind regards,
Paul

Postby DSP » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:49 am

Yes if your device uses its own API (Application Interface), as do the LabJack products, they need to be hard coded by the FS developers.

Which means you can't go deeper into the modules as the module is at it's lowest level already. If you want support for other LabJack product then you will have to request that it is done for you ( info@dsprobotics.com).

For Comport devices it is different as FlowStone supports ALL comport devices already it's just a case of communicating with the correct protocol. If this isn't already pre-done then at least you can do it yourself.

SDK - If FlowStone had an SDK (Software Development Kit) then in theory you could make your own modules using the API. But to do this you would need to be an advanced coder already! But right now there isn't an SDK but maybe something for the future?
DSP

Postby paul.pacini » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:43 pm

@ DSP - Thank you for your answer! I have been posting for a short time and was starting to feel like I was talking to myself.

I know the LabJacks are not too difficult to work with. I have done it in VB6 and it's just a matter of loading several variables with appropriate bytes of data and sending to/receiving from the ActiveX driver. I'm sure that's all the FS LabJack primitive is doing, only with specifics for a particular LJ device.

I agree - a FS SDK would be very cool, especially if it were similar to FS with even lower-level primitives, etc. Like a mini-FS. It seems like allowing users to modify interface primitives would/could be beneficial and could lead to some interesting applications.

I will email FS support and ask them the same questions.

Thanks again!
Kind regards,
Paul

Return to General