Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Robot Simulation

Discuss robotics applications using FlowStone here

Robot Simulation

Postby Gyro » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:32 pm

I am curious as to whether flowstone is capable of controlling a 3D simulated robot. I know it can directly control them, but i just need to know if there is a way to do what I am thinking of.
Gyro

Re: Robot Simulation

Postby Embedded » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:47 pm

What exatly do you mean by 3D simulated robot?

some graphics on screen or more?
Embedded

Postby lukzinho » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:43 pm

lukzinho

Postby Gyro » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Embedded wrote:What exatly do you mean by 3D simulated robot?

some graphics on screen or more?

For example, I want to make a specialized hexapod that is capable of flight. I need a simulation environment where a 3D model will act like it would in real life (in a virtual physics environment) to the code for a real microcontroller. In addition, I will be implementing some custom designs for motors (for the lift fans) and joint mechanisms (to replace servos) which I need to test before buying materials.

After searching on the internet, I found out that lynxmotion robots should work with flowstone, but more precisely the hexapods. As such, I have been debating whether the lynxmotion parts are Tetrix compatible, though this is probably the wrong place to ask about that. Any advice would be appreciated.
Gyro

Postby lukzinho » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:55 am

It would be something like Virtual Design Max 2.0 PE
lukzinho

Postby trogluddite » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:36 pm

Gyro wrote:I am curious as to whether flowstone is capable of controlling a 3D simulated robot

In principle, yes, but it would be a very difficult and complex excercise - i.e. you would have to write your own physics engine, kinematics, reverse kinematics etc. - (or find .dll libraries to which FS could be interfaced).
Also, graphics in Flowstone are all made using Windows GDI+ (i.e. strictly 2D); there is no DirectX or OpenGL support, so for 3D visuals, you would have to make your own 3D engine, which would likely perform very poorly (GDI+ uses the main CPU with no hardware acceleration).
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Robot Simulation

Postby ErickGah » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:17 pm

Hello
I have write a program for the Vertex Virtual Worlds and i simulated in Curriculum package the Labyrinth Challenge. When i was programming it i see the camera which saw the robot from the upper view and when i run it it was good. But now if i change the camera and put the one from the behind or the side view the robot react a little bit different and the challenge is not complete as the upper view. Why this problem exist?
ErickGah

Return to Robotics