Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Flowbluino - The Node Warrior

Discuss Control Systems here

Flowbluino - The Node Warrior

Postby JB_AU » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:02 pm

This is my first Flowstone tutorial of many i am currently writing & working on.
It has been difficult as these forums a geared more towards sound enthusiasts than robotics enthusiasts.
I understand know body likes hand holding for beginners, it can be frustrating, so i'll just plod along in my own time.

Anyhow please read my first draft & add any comments / mistakes or clarifications :)

**2mb uploads makes it difficult to upload this file :(

***The extension pdf is not allowed.

I'm over it!

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=248330.0;attach=85922
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Albert Einstein
JB_AU

Re: Flowbluino - The Node Warrior

Postby trogluddite » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:13 pm

Even as a 'sound enthusiast' that came across as very easy to follow (even the 'C'? code made sense!).
A great idea too - as you say, hardware interfacing enthusiasts are rather poorly represented so far on the forum. Kind of a chicken-and-egg situation that needs just this kind of thing to draw them into the fold and make FS a "go to" solution for the PC side of things. The stock examples from DSPr seem OK, but they're maybe a little too generic, whereas you have written a proper "application note" that is very practical.

The only suggestion I can think of is maybe a little emphasis on the linking order. The serial primitive naturally needs to build a lot of Strings out of small parts, so I think a quick example of how link order will change how the String is formed would be worthwhile. I know that the User Guide does mention it, but IIRC, it's buried quite a way in, and doesn't specifically cover String construction - it will be a vital skill that hard-core serial users will need to master very early on.

Besides that one small thing, excellent work. Looking forward to the rest of the series - maybe I will finally make that leap into hardware that I've always been putting off!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby JB_AU » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:52 am

I have added it to the start & will update when the tutorial moves nearer to the bottom :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Albert Einstein
JB_AU

Postby RJHollins » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:13 pm

nice tutorial !

Thanks 8-)
RJHollins

Postby Exo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:09 am

Thanks for the tutorial :)

I will have a need for interfacing with a Bluetooth device in the future. I think some of the info in this will help so thanks, saved for future reference :).
Flowstone Guru. Blog and download site for Flowstone.
Best VST Plugins. Initial Audio.
Exo

Postby FluxCapacitance » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:22 am

Nice. I'll have to do some studying. Arduino is heavily supported with hardware that is much cheaper. Having a way to set it up with flowstone is handy.
FluxCapacitance

Postby tester » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:22 pm

@JB_AU

I see, that there is Arduino Nano 33 BLE, which is bluetooth version.

Will your stuff work, to receive bt data/measurements from this version of arduino board into the Flowstone?
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby tester » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:15 pm

@JB_AU, your tutorial is not readable neither for non-flowstoners nor for long-time flowstoners. Could you post some clean schematic that works as a receiver with external bluetooth devices, with simple info where, which, in what way - things have to be changed manually in order to work with something like ble wearables?
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Return to Machine Control