Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Combination Circuits/Schematics

For general discussion related FlowStone

Combination Circuits/Schematics

Postby tiffy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:03 pm

Under this heading I may (or may not) in future upload some combination circuits - for those not against it.

The first is a schematic of a Clocked JK Flip-Flop (Basic unit) and a Clocked Master-Slave JK Flip-Flop in one schematic (for Green).

Inside the schematic I also left the GATES Configuration and the Truth table I used the day that I constructed this schematic, long ago, as well as two push buttons, two Clocks and four LED's which are all optional. So, I uploaded it here as is.

Someone on the forum, some time ago, requested a JK Flip-Flop (for Green)... so, here is my Clocked version of it.

# Corrected and uploaded here again: The two input terminals J & K of both JK Flip-Flops (Graphics versions only) were not connected to their corresponding LED's - they were connected the wrong way around. This is now fixed in this version.
Attachments
Master-Slave JK flip-flop.fsm
Corrected - swap around input LED's on Graphics Version
(240.98 KiB) Downloaded 1802 times
Last edited by tiffy on Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
tiffy

Re: Combination Circuits/Schematics

Postby noisenerd » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing!
noisenerd

Postby tiffy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:19 am

Here is a schematic of a Clocked (CLK) T (Toggle) Master-Slave Flip-Flop. The same conditions apply as in the first post, uploaded as is on the day when I constructed it.
Attachments
CLK T Master-Slave Flip-Flop.fsm
(191.51 KiB) Downloaded 1696 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:24 am

Here is a schematic of a Clocked (CLK) D Flip-Flop (Basic Unit) as well as a Clocked (CLK) D Master-Slave Flip-Flop. The same conditions apply as in the first post, uploaded as is on the day when I constructed it.
Attachments
CLK D Master-Slave Flip-Flop.fsm
(200.57 KiB) Downloaded 1697 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:31 am

Here is a schematic of a Clocked (CLK) RS Flip-Flop (Basic Unit) [Clocked RS Master-Slave Flip-Flop Not included] - some would call it a Clocked SR Flip-Flop, but it is exactly the same thing - S means Set and R means Reset. The same conditions apply as in the first post, uploaded as is on the day when I constructed it.
Attachments
CLK RS Flip-Flop.fsm
(192.03 KiB) Downloaded 1683 times
tiffy

Postby BobF » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:46 am

Thanks Tiffy,

These go right along with my "Digital Circuit" modules posted is User Examples.

Keep them coming!

Take care, BobF.....
BobF

Postby tiffy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:39 am

Switching Problem with regard to using the MULTIPLEX PRIMITIVE.

DO NOT REPLACE THE SWITCH WITH A KNOB, AS IT WILL CAUSE HUNDREDS OF TRIGGERS AT THE OUTPUTS. THE SCHEMATIC WAS INTENDED TO BE USED WITH A SWITCH/BUTTON AS IS AND WITH ONLY TWO OUTPUTS.

I had a problem with the Multiplex Primitive in that I could not get it to clear any output that it was not switched to, as it remembered the input on all of it's outputs.

# This Multiplex Modification 2 produce much less triggers at its outputs than the previous version.

But be cautioned that you still have an additional trigger at the outputs, but that additional trigger is needed to clear/reset an output to which the Multiplex is not switched to. I don't think one will get it any better than this.
Attachments
Multiplex (Mod 2).fsm
(137.72 KiB) Downloaded 1658 times
Last edited by tiffy on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:13 am, edited 7 times in total.
tiffy

Postby Spogg » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:08 am

tiffy wrote:Switching Problem with regard to using the Multiplex Primitive.

This one is nothing new to the guru's, but in the beginning when I was a complete rookie with Flowstone (I never even used their previous software i.e. Synthmaker) I had a problem with the Multiplex Primitive in that I could not get it to clear any output that it was not switched to, as it remembered the input on all of it's outputs. So, here is a small schematic of what I did to rectify this, but maybe there is other better alternatives as well - I don't know.

Jeez! That's SO simple and yet SO effective :ugeek:

I came across that issue before and didn't think there was a solution so I just accepted it as a "feature" of the multiplex prim. I was expecting to find some real clever stuff in that trigger module but :o

I really do appreciate you sharing that. I've learnt something new and useful today; always a good thing.

What next?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:25 am

Spogg wrote:
tiffy wrote:Switching Problem with regard to using the Multiplex Primitive.

This one is nothing new to the guru's, but in the beginning when I was a complete rookie with Flowstone (I never even used their previous software i.e. Synthmaker) I had a problem with the Multiplex Primitive in that I could not get it to clear any output that it was not switched to, as it remembered the input on all of it's outputs. So, here is a small schematic of what I did to rectify this, but maybe there is other better alternatives as well - I don't know.

Jeez! That's SO simple and yet SO effective :ugeek:

I came across that issue before and didn't think there was a solution so I just accepted it as a "feature" of the multiplex prim. I was expecting to find some real clever stuff in that trigger module but :o

I really do appreciate you sharing that. I've learnt something new and useful today; always a good thing.

What next?

Cheers

Spogg

The multiplexer really is a beast and I try to avoid it whenever possible. Tiffy provided a simple yet effective way of updating the states.

However, you have to realize that this is updating, which means additional triggers are sent. So for example the boolean section of the schematic (lower right): The boolean which is linked will send 2 triggers and the other boolean still 1. To compensate that you might want to add a trigger reduction, so that really only the boolean that gets linked will propagate a trigger through the schematic.
Regarding this very example, the trigger div prim with an integer set to 2 will do.

EDIT: When thinking about it, the trigger div won't do. There are 3 triggers to deal with, alternating as 1 and 2. But trigger div only sends each 2nd trigger, so +1 -> 0, +2 -> 1, +1 (now the total count is 4) -> 1, etc.
So forget about that. It needs another approach.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:38 am

tulamide wrote:The multiplexer really is a beast and I try to avoid it whenever possible. Tiffy provided a simple yet effective way of updating the states.

However, you have to realize that this is updating, which means additional triggers are sent. So for example the boolean section of the schematic (lower right): The boolean which is linked will send 2 triggers and the other boolean still 1. To compensate that you might want to add a trigger reduction, so that really only the boolean that gets linked will propagate a trigger through the schematic.
Regarding this very example, the trigger div prim with an integer set to 2 will do.

EDIT: When thinking about it, the trigger div won't do. There are 3 triggers to deal with, alternating as 1 and 2. But trigger div only sends each 2nd trigger, so +1 -> 0, +2 -> 1, +1 (now the total count is 4) -> 1, etc.
So forget about that. It needs another approach.

It seems this is another optimisation opportunity then. I guess it only becomes important though if there's lots of trigger activity while playing a synth or using an effect. Otherwise, a trigger avalanche won't matter too much will it?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Next

Return to General