Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker bundle

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synthmaker bundle

Postby k brown » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:06 am

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rqix6md52oi0 ... 1vD5a?dl=0

I think the issue was with the folder name ending with a period (?).

I've removed it - see if this is better.

k brown
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

SM Bundle-ette

Postby k brown » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:04 am

As promised (threatened?), here's a few more:
- Crumar Sprit (no arppegiator, anyone want to add it?).
- EMS VCS3 Putney (slightly incomplete features).
- Ensoniq ESQ-1 (standard SM wavetables, not emulations - any want to/know how to put in the correct ones?).
- Oberheim Matrix-6 (in OB-X livery - don't like black and blue GUIs).
- Oberheim/Visccount OB-12 (very obscure synth; interesting architecture).
- Polyfusion System A modular.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4yfl8nb24jep ... 7O_va?dl=0

Have fun

k brown
k brown

Quilcom Folder dev 8

Postby Spogg » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:38 am

Hi

This is dev 8 of my Quilcom Folder.

Main change is I've added the option to choose between "Digital" and "Diode". The digital sound is as before but I've added Martin Vicanek's fast Tanh(x) module to emulate the progressive flattening of the analogue folders I saw online on Youtube. This rounding, or flattening, was down to the variable forward conductance of silicon diodes which, as you all know, starts to become more relevant at higher forward current and leads to soft limiting at around 0.6 to 0.7 volts.
The module is used polyphonically so there is no added distortion on chords played since there is one instance per note.

The download below includes a VSTi export so that Mr Brown can at least try it without using Flowstone. There's a hidden preset manager now and all the names are unique so it should work fine in a DAW.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqz9loiu1yarr ... 8.zip?dl=0

This will develop because I'm in love with the sounds it can create even at this stage.
Have a play!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:52 pm

Boy, the addition of the Tahn(x) to the output really is the icing on the cake - waveforms now look and sound much more like a Buchla osc.

I hope you don't mind, but I've been copying your code to SM Assemblers to use in my stuff (I'll include a 'credit' box inside anything I put up here). I'll probably use it first in an update of The Music Easel emulator, since it only had the Timbre control and no (High) Order or Symmetry controls.

Last night, I did come up with a 3-op FM combo that behaves very much like the Todd Butron 261e demo video.

Maybe I'll post just that, for folks to play with.

k brown
k brown

Postby Spogg » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:59 pm

k brown wrote:Boy, the addition of the Tahn(x) to the output really is the icing on the cake - waveforms now look and sound much more like a Buchla osc.

I hope you don't mind, but I've been copying your code to SM Assemblers to use in my stuff (I'll include a 'credit' box inside anything I put up here). I'll probably use it first in an update of The Music Easel emulator, since it only had the Timbre control and no (High) Order or Symmetry controls.

Last night, I did come up with a 3-op FM combo that behaves very much like the Todd Butron 261e demo video.

Maybe I'll post just that, for folks to play with.

k brown

Of course I don't mind what you or anyone here does with my stuff. Please be aware that I did the DSP and Martin turned it into optimised ASM code. This was for the Quilcom NINE project where the code was used at low frequencies to cross-fade between 9 oscillators in sequence.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby ironface » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:35 pm

Thanks Spogg. Appreciate the .dll version.

Back to Synthmaker bundle and Bundle-ette
billv wrote:Another Gob-smacking reminder of how much time the old SM crew put in....
Thanks for sharing and taking the time to package it all.... :)
I believe I have the vast majority of billvs output which is comparable to this package but I am in awe at what is in front of me right now. I feel priveliged to have been among the first humans to see this. And hardly a preset in sight !

Back to Insoniq EZQ 1, slight bug. When loading in FL10 as a .dll, it opens this dialogue box. I can click on Cancel three times and it launches just fine.
ironface

Postby k brown » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:37 am

Ummm - I don't know what billvs means - mis-type or am I just clueless?

Regarding EZQ-1, this looks to be FL version of the the window that pops up in vstHost with any synth that has the ability to load your own wavetable into each of the oscillators (in the case of EZQ, three). I don't know why this occurs or how to stop it - but it doesn't affect the synth's operation; just a minor annoyance upon loading.

Insoniq EZQ-1 copy.jpg
Insoniq EZQ-1 copy.jpg (116.72 KiB) Viewed 33939 times

Thanks for the kind words, I hope some of this can be of use in someone's music; I'm not a musician myself - just another synth nut. Though neither of my keyboards send velocity or aftertouch, I included aftertouch in several of them because I can use my wind controller which sends AT. Hopefully some of the Flowstoners can add velocity to some of these for folks that can use it.

Also all the emulations I did of synths that had sequencers, I just put in those dopey SM step LFOs - they are better than nothing, but I'm sure someone out there knows how to replace these with real sequencers.
Last edited by k brown on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
k brown

Prim-based wave folder

Postby Spogg » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:54 am

@ Mr Brown

Just for the craic I made a Prim-based wave folder with a simple demo in mono. Let me know if you need it as a VST to try it; I'm not sure what the Flowstone demo restriction is so I don't know if you'll be able to load it.

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
Prim-based wave folder.fsm
Simple demo
(229.77 KiB) Downloaded 1367 times
Spogg

Postby k brown » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:02 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the advantage of this over the code-based one?

Also - is number 10 supposed to be connected to the in/outs?

k brown
k brown

Postby Spogg » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:04 am

k brown wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but what's the advantage of this over the code-based one?

Also - is number 10 supposed to be connected to the in/outs?

k brown

I forgot to connect no. 10 :oops:

No advantage to the code one really, it was me just fooling around! Originally I thought it would need DSP so I didn't try to make a wave folder using Prims only.
It would be interesting to see if anyone could make an alternative version with Prims only...

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples