Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Multi Sampler Sfz loading

For general discussion related FlowStone

Multi Sampler Sfz loading

Postby SampleScience » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:05 pm

Does it work? When I try to load my own Sfz or any other Sfz I get nothing, just silence. Any idea why?

Is there any Sfz editor that will work better with the Multi Sampler in Flowstone? I'm trying to build a sample based synth but I have a hard time figuring it out.

Thanks!
SampleScience

Re: Multi Sampler Sfz loading

Postby kortezzzz » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi,

Here is a working version of the multisampler. Sometimes, the multisampler in Flowstone can't read some wav. files for some reason, so maybe that's your problem. Try my uploaded version and report.

cheers!
Attachments
sampler.fsm
(81.54 KiB) Downloaded 1290 times
kortezzzz

Postby SampleScience » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:44 pm

kortezzzz wrote:Hi,

Here is a working version of the multisampler. Sometimes, the multisampler in Flowstone can't read some wav. files for some reason, so maybe that's your problem. Try my uploaded version and report.

cheers!

Thanks! I'm going to try it out, it would be cool to create a free Sfz player in Flowstone with more advanced controls.
SampleScience

Postby SampleScience » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:20 am

The Sfz player in Flowstone is really buggy, sometime it works, sometime it doesn't. When it does, it won't always play the wav as it should, sad. And I'm not even talking about the cpu efficiency, I get cpu spikes quite easily with it. Hopefully, someone will code a better sfz module in Flowstone.
SampleScience

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:27 pm

SampleScience wrote:The Sfz player in Flowstone is really buggy, sometime it works, sometime it doesn't. When it does, it won't always play the wav as it should, sad. And I'm not even talking about the cpu efficiency, I get cpu spikes quite easily with it. Hopefully, someone will code a better sfz module in Flowstone.

Perhaps the problem is in the array and the wav's could be loaded individually. I'd be willing to try this so that they could still be utilized as if they were an array.

Thankyou to kortezz, I'll look into this file and it should be very educational.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:02 pm

This is a great schematic kortezz, I'll try an iron out every bug and repost it.
This is top notch work and it should become a schematic that comes with flowstone.

Interestingly, I tried this and it works with zampler patches 100% of the time. Not though, the trickster edition patches that I'd had strangely enough.

Anyways, you are a driving force in the community here, thanks.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby kortezzzz » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:20 pm

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:This is a great schematic kortezz, I'll try an iron out every bug and repost it.
This is top notch work and it should become a schematic that comes with flowstone.

Interestingly, I tried this and it works with zampler patches 100% of the time. Not though, the trickster edition patches that I'd had strangely enough.

Thanks wlangfor@uoguelph :)
This schematic is workable. However, it needs some patch pre-tweaking since not every sfz would work correcrtely, so you should know what you're doing with the text patches. Took me some while to shape it and now, it does work ok with the alfa (older FS versions are too problematic and weak for this one :roll: ).
Last edited by kortezzzz on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kortezzzz

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:26 pm

kortezzzz wrote:
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:This is a great schematic kortezz, I'll try an iron out every bug and repost it.

Thanks wlangfor@uoguelph :)
This schematic is workable. However, it needs some patch pre-tweaking since not every sfz would work correcrtely, so you should know what you're doing with the text patches. Took me some while to shape it and now, it does work ok with the alfa (older FS versions are to problematic and weak for this one :roll: ).

Ah, thanks for the tip :)
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:56 am

I noticed if loop becomes the continuous type that memory goes crazy.

I used a method I'd found in an older synthmaker schematic to attach to the mono in out It prevented the bug that occurred when having a large amount of cpu drained. Previous to adding; it stayed at a large sum of cpu use (like 30%) due to voices and instances being loaded into memory I'd assume. But that's only the first step, the second issue is the state of loops also being resolved and staying present in cpu's processes.

There may be a different method required, so as to smooth the tail off. I was thinking a mod could be made of a useful attack and release dsp code example that Trogluddite made. It may be that a db to linear conversion could be utilized, such as Aliasant's db40 to linear conversion code example and then fed to a dsp code which checks for the right number and causes a release to be initiated before the instance of silence. So Trogluddite's attack and release becomes instead release.

But, finally I think of the reality of loop points. Obviously, I felt it would be ideal to program them in by the means of a .sfz file; but in this instance, the loop points are automatically deriven from the sample itself. This is a very time consuming process to add loop points, ideally I think one might surmise that it would be better to work with a larger version of this loop interface, to instead write to a .sfz text file.

I'll be touching on that, in hopes of avoiding loop points from the wave files themselves. Ultimately, it comes down do creating a sampler that not only loads .sfz but allows you to make the patch as well. Grace or Directwave is one of the better for that; but what comes hard to miss is the small size of the interface. Not having the ability to zoom into the wave form image to create the loop points for instance is half the problem.

I'll update when I can with a working example to share.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:00 am

here's a custom version with a supersized sample display. This is just for example so that you see what I mean about a larger screen. That way manually selecting the loop points is feasible. I tried using a method to reduce the cpu load upon processing of delay and attack release of the loop points.

I'd probably have the adsr elsewhere.
Attachments
sfz sampler by kortezz 10.fsm
a good start, the adsr's placement is just an example.
(63.88 KiB) Downloaded 823 times
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Next

Return to General