Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Feature Request: Touchscreen Support

For general discussion related FlowStone

Feature Request: Touchscreen Support

Postby rlr » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Request: add touch support according to the Windows 7 API to the ruby component

Idea and possible implementation:
- add a boolean "enable touch" to the MGUI component to switch on/off that feature.
- add support for a couple event handlers to the RubyEdit component similar to the mouse handlers to handle multiple WM_TOUCH and WM_GESTURE messages
- (alternatively add fine-graned handlers like touchUp, touchDown, touchMove, etc)
rlr

Re: Feature Request: Touchscreen Support

Postby Walter Sommerfeld » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Yeah - an old and prayed wish 4 a long time now!

Hope more Users bump this 2!
Walter Sommerfeld

Postby infuzion » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:45 pm

Honestly, it would be likely faster for you to learn C++ an write it yourself than wait for Outsim to add it. That is what this guy did: http://www.smithsonmartin.com/products/emulator/
infuzion

Postby rlr » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:49 pm

I have more than 20 years programming experience in C++ and other OO languages. I know the Windows SDK, therefore I'd estimate multitouch support in Flowstone can be implemented on a thursday afternoon. That could be a cool addition to Flowstone. Besides, I'm rather unimpressed by Windows 8 and Win RT, but because of it, there are lots of new touch screen devices comming.
rlr

Postby infuzion » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:28 am

rlr wrote:I have more than 20 years programming experience in C++ and other OO languages. I know the Windows SDK, therefore I'd estimate multitouch support in Flowstone can be implemented on a thursday afternoon...
Honestly, you'd be better off writing your own VST then. I"ve asked for a few SSE2-4 commands to be added, which other opcodes had been added in the past in hours, & 5 years later, still ZERO (or ZED depending on what side of the ocean you are on). It took us 5 years to get Ruby as a more-accurate solution to MIDI processing than green was. Still no VST3.x, 64bit support, etc. They have a lot of pans in the fire.

I agree with your suggestion; it is a very good idea. I just want you to have a realistic picture of historical performance.
infuzion

Postby JB_AU » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:15 am

Bump
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Albert Einstein
JB_AU

Return to General