Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Any way to read and control FL Studio mixer fader values?

DSP related issues, mathematics, processing and techniques

Any way to read and control FL Studio mixer fader values?

Postby keyjslider1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:29 am

Dear colleagues, I am quite newbie with Flowstone.
I am looking into the ways to write a kind of snapshot-like plugin for FL Studio mixer in order to snap and store it's mixer faders' and other knobs' values with the goal for further proccessing and organizing some session-like mixing workflow. The aim is to store and easily call-back mixer parameters applyied to different parts of arrangement, thus avoiding heavy and time-consuming automation-clip workflow...
On having messed around with Flowstone prims etc. I now doubt, that reading fader values and further direct controlling them from the application is entirely possible.
At that I am sure I am missing something like complete noob.
Please, help, any ideas?
keyjslider1

Re: Any way to read and control FL Studio mixer fader values

Postby Spogg » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:05 am

Hi keyjslider1

I don’t know of any way for FS plugins to read and control host DAW control values. Others may though…

So my first thought is for you to create a complete mixer for your needs, with multiple audio in/outs, and route your tracks into this mixer and out to the master bus.
Then you can use a preset manager to take snapshots of current settings, naming each preset accordingly. The presets will be saved in the song file but, if you save them in txt format too, they could be re-loaded for another song, as a template.
A benefit of this is that the DAW automation recording could then record your fader movements (assuming that FL can do this – I don’t have it).

If you take this approach don’t forget to give each control on your mixer a unique preset parameter name.
EDIT: if you're not up to speed with the preset system this might help : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5985&hilit=preset+manager#p28501

Good luck!

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:07 am

In order to reach your goal, the faders must be able to communicate. If you can make them send and receive any type of midi data, you can do, what you're thinking of. But I don't know FL Studio very well. So maybe that's not an option, in which case you have bad luck.

EDIT: Spogg's approach is probably the one you will need to go.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby nix » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:22 am

I think FL 'Patcher' can accept say 16 audio signals- like a mixer.
A 16 track mixer?- that can be hardware controlled is possible AFAIK
nix

Postby guyman » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:46 am

must be possible... Look up grapevine for FL studio......
guyman

Return to DSP