Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synthmaker bundle

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Synthmaker bundle

Postby k brown » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:47 am

Thanks for the additional info Martin - I assume this is all true of your saw osc as well?
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby k brown » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:03 am

Re: EZQ-1

Don't know if you guys were going to be building a new instrument from scratch, but FWIW, here's the latest update to EZQ-1a.

EZQ-1a.zip
(6.34 MiB) Downloaded 1153 times
k brown

Postby Spogg » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:17 am

k brown wrote:Re: EZQ-1
Don't know if you guys were going to be building a new instrument from scratch, but FWIW, here's the latest update to EZQ-1a.

This looks and sounds great!

I hadn’t thought that far ahead about any instrument, but I might be tempted to make an “inspired by” version of my own. If I do, would it be ok to steal some of your GUI and other elements please?
Of course I would acknowledge your contribution and share the result with you. But if you prefer not to that’s really ok.

We still have to think about a very important aspect of the original; key zoning for different waves, and that’ll be very interesting. The waveforms are available now in the ESQ-1 topic (also the SQ-80 ones) so you could integrate them into your synth. If you can do the key zoning thing too that would make my potential project redundant (I don’t mind – I have 4 other projects running in parallel at the moment).

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:36 am

As always, any and all can do whatever they wish with any of my things. That was the whole reason I posted the original Bundle. I wanted to see someone run with something and make it better/their own. I was very tickled when you did that with Mindy; though I wasn't able to learn anything from what you did because I couldn't open the schematic.

I haven't any clue how to do the key zoning - the Polymoog had something similar, and I wasn't able to include that in my Polly.

Carry on !
k brown

Postby Spogg » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:31 am

Thanks Kevin :D

I bet you feel frustrated by not having Flowstone. I have Synthmaker but I only used it for a bit, then bought FS on the strength of it. So all my resources are there. Have you asked Santa for a license? Or maybe a birthday is coming up...

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:38 pm

On a cheerier note - I completely re-built the patch matrix on my ARP 2500 emulations. I'm embarrassed to admit I never checked the Preset save/load on these and it didn't work! After much head-scratching, it seemed to be the vertical vector sliders I'd used to simulate the 2500's matrix slide switches. I'd configured the sliders as 22-position switches and that seemed to be the problem (and source of sluggish/twitchy action). When loading a saved preset, all the sliders would get set to the correct position, but the connections wouldn't be made. Only after moving both input and output switches off their position, then back again would the connection 'take'. So I replaced them all with multi-position push-button selectors with their bitmap buttons replaced with proper slider-cap images. Had to compromise the emulative 'slide-switch' behaviour; now connections are made by clicking on the switch's track where it crosses the patch buss at the desired point and the knob moves to that point. It's actually faster and easier, but a less 'authentic' experience.

Only three converted so far - 'Nineteen70', 'Left Wing' (the left 'wing' cab of Pete Townshend's 2500), and 'OdyWing' (that has modules selected to provide the basic functions of the ARP Odyssey). Most of the 'Nineteen70' 8-module builds have in the mean time been converted to drop-down patching till I get 'round to replacing their matrix-patching.

tonus Nineteen70_650.jpg
tonus Nineteen70_650.jpg (306.95 KiB) Viewed 19020 times

https://ln.sync.com/dl/2d41fb1a0/9tvgpf ... 9-hcprkgfk
k brown

Postby Halon » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:16 pm

k brown wrote:On a cheerier note - I completely re-built the patch matrix on my ARP 2500 emulations. I'm embarrassed to admit I never checked the Preset save/load on these and it didn't work! After much head-scratching, it seemed to be the vertical vector sliders I'd used to simulate the 2500's matrix slide switches. I'd configured the sliders as 22-position switches and that seemed to be the problem (and source of sluggish/twitchy action). When loading a saved preset, all the sliders would get set to the correct position, but the connections wouldn't be made. Only after moving both input and output switches off their position, then back again would the connection 'take'. So I replaced them all with multi-position push-button selectors with their bitmap buttons replaced with proper slider-cap images. Had to compromise the emulative 'slide-switch' behaviour; now connections are made by clicking on the switch's track where it crosses the patch buss at the desired point and the knob moves to that point. It's actually faster and easier, but a less 'authentic' experience.

Only three converted so far - 'Nineteen70', 'Left Wing' (the left 'wing' cab of Pete Townshend's 2500), and 'OdyWing' (that has modules selected to provide the basic functions of the ARP Odyssey). Most of the 'Nineteen70' 8-module builds have in the mean time been converted to drop-down patching till I get 'round to replacing their matrix-patching.

tonus Nineteen70_650.jpg

https://ln.sync.com/dl/2d41fb1a0/9tvgpf ... 9-hcprkgfk

Beautiful! Will have fun with this tonight. :)
Halon

MinDy S

Postby tulamide » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:00 am

Spogg wrote:The link includes the schematic, presets, the VST plugin (it’s an “effect” due to the external audio input) and the Minimoog re-issue manual, should you need it.

The preset "London" is exactly the Moog sound, Depeche Mode used on "Just can't get enough". Actually, when I tried that sound I immediatly came up with the melody, then thought "wow that's close", then watched the remastered video and noticed that they just layered a bell sound on top, other than that, it IS the sound.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby k brown » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:16 am

Wow - hat's off to Spogg ! I'd love to know what changes he made to the oscillators and/or filters.
k brown

Postby Spogg » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:51 am

@tulamide: Wow that’s high praise indeed! It made me feel really good to hear. It would be nice of some kind and creative soul would create more presets for it.

@Kevin: Once again, it’s such a shame you don’t have FlowStone because you could look inside for yourself.

Essentially I modelled early analogue behaviour and often this meant emulating imperfections like tuning, keyboard scaling, system noise and oscillator waveforms (using Martin’s oscillators as a basis). Also it was essential to emulate free-running behaviour by having a random starting phase with note-on (thanks to Adam for that tip).
The other important thing was to get the filter as “right” as I could. I wasn’t really satisfied with the pre-made Moog ones I tried, so I made my own. I’m quite certain that Martin would vomit if he looked inside, but it works to my satisfaction. It features overdrive non-linearity, self-oscillation and reducing LF output with higher resonance settings. I even drew its schematic to look a bit like a ladder filter :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to User Examples