Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Combination Circuits/Schematics

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Combination Circuits/Schematics

Postby RJHollins » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Thanks Tiffy.

I've not yet tested these latest postings ... but I'm interested to look inside schematic to try and educate myself.
Just did a Google on Bridge Rectifiers.

As always ... thanks for sharing !
RJHollins

Postby tiffy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:07 pm

24-HOUR STOPWATCH.

There are three (3) different Stopwatches inside the schematic:

1) Stopwatch v1.2 consisting of a Timer, a Counter & a Parser, and
2) Stopwatch v1.3 consisting of a Custom Ticker (Ruby), 4 x Counters, and
3) Stopwatch v1.4 consisting of a Custom Ticker, 1 x Counter & a Parser.

Two of the Stopwatches i.e. v1.3 & v1.4 will automatically Reset at One (1) Second after 23:59:59:999 to 0:0:0:0 which is H:M:S:mSec.

Stopwatch v1.2 does not display mSec (milli Seconds) and will automatically Reset at One (1) Second after 23:59:59 to 0:0:0 which is H:M:S.

All three (3) Stopwatches can be Paused by means of the Start/Pause Toggle Buttons and by pressing the Stop/Reset Buttons the timing is stopped and the Displays are Cleared.

Note: Stopwatch v1.2 which is based on the Timer Primitive may not be as accurate as Stopwatches v1.3 & v1.4 which are based on the Ruby Custom Ticker.
Attachments
24 Hour - Stopwatch v1.2 - v1.4.fsm
Altered & added Button to v1.2
(8.32 KiB) Downloaded 995 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:50 am

POLICE EMERGENCY FLASHING WARNING HEADLIGHTS v1.0.

This is just a fun project.

Operation:

When the Flasher is switched ON the Headlights should flash in such a fashion that both Headlights are NEVER OFF at THE SAME TIME for safety reasons.

Therefore, prior to one Headlight being switched OFF by the Flasher, the other Headlight must first come ON and vice versa.

If both the Headlights are suddenly needed for visibility reasons the "Headlights Bright Override " Switch is pressed which will override the Flasher Unit.

KNOBS: Ctrl + Left Click to set to Default Values.
Attachments
Police Emergency Flashing Warning Headlights v1.0.fsm
(50.08 KiB) Downloaded 984 times
tiffy

Postby BobF » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:09 am

Bob_Tiffy_Waveshaper.fsm
(418.78 KiB) Downloaded 1054 times

Hi Tiffy,

Some very cool stuff, keep them comming!

I made this cool waveshaper from your "Bridge Rectifier"

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby tiffy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:47 pm

NIXIE TUBES DIGITAL CLOCK WITH SNOOZE ALARM.

After watching a Youtube Video on how Nixie Tubes were made and what long and difficult process it entailed I was so impressed that I decided to make this Nixie Tube Digital Clock. To set the Snooze Alarm Time Drag with the Mouse Up/Down on the three green digits on the Clock Face and Click on the Button to Switch the Alarm ON or OFF. The Knob is for setting the Alarm Volume. The Alarm Volume will begin softly for 15 Seconds, then stops for 15 Seconds, then switch On for 15 Seconds at a louder Volume, and so forth until it reaches the maximum setting the Knob was set to.

The Clock shows H:M:S:mS; the Date, Month, Year as well as the Day and Month in Words intermittently and Fading both in and out in turn.

However, I did not make the Nixie Tubes and I don't know who did either. But I made this Clock with the Snooze Alarm.
Attachments
Nixie Tubes Digital Clock v1.1.fsm
(355.51 KiB) Downloaded 1033 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:59 pm

7-SEGMENT 7-DIGIT NUMERICAL LED AND LCD DISPLAYS (BITMAP).

This is my first attempt at making “Digital Numeric Bitmap Strips” which I loaded into a strip loader to make these Numeric Digital Displays. I made these from scratch.

Herewith then are a 7-Segment 7-Digit Numerical LED and LCD Displays (bitmap) with Digital Point.

IF YOU WANT TO REMOVE DIGITS:

If you want to use fewer Digits you must start to remove them from the Highest significant Digit i.e. 1000 000, then 100 000 etc and also reduce the count setting (i.e. States) inside the 8-way switch (Properties Panel on the Displays) by the same amount of Digits that you remove.

For example: If you remove two of the Digits starting from the Highest significant Digit then you must also reduce the 8-way count setting ("States" on the Display Properties Panel) by that same amount i.e. by two - from 8 subtract 2 = 6 thus the new setting (i.e. "States", on the Displays Properties Panel) would be 6.

The Digital Point position can be shifted by means of the Green Button on the Properties Panel by Clicking on the green button – i.e. a “0” = no Digital point; a “1” = position on the least significant digit and so forth.

NOTE: If you don't comply with this procedure then the Digital Point will not function correctly as it would take on the wrong position!!
Attachments
7-Segment 7-Digit Numerical LCD and LED Displays (Bitmap).fsm
(11.42 KiB) Downloaded 1033 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:17 pm

7-SEGMENT LED DIGITS COLOUR SWITCHING WHEN SWITCHED ON/OFF:

The Colour Switching Schematic will work only for this Ruby 7-Segment 4-Digit Display as each Digit is specifically programmed to operate only with this switching Schematic.

The Counter can be left ON when the Display is Switched OFF without affecting the Counter Value. When you want to evaluate the Counter Value just switch the Display to ON again.
Attachments
7-SEGMENT LED DIGITS COLOUR SWITCHING WHEN ON or OFF v1.3.fsm
(31.4 KiB) Downloaded 1018 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:23 am

AUTOMATIC AUDIO PLAYER FADE-IN FADE-OUT.

I decided to follow this method as it is a cumbersome process to first determine the length of each song in situ in order to determine the correct Fade-Out starting position.

To determine the Second Trigger Point for the Fade-Out accurately:

When a song starts it triggers a timer which in turn will give a trigger at the end of the required Fade-In Time. This final trigger from the Timer is then used to take a Sample in % progress of the Progress Bar. To obtain the Second Trigger Point at the beginning of the Fade-Out period this Sample taken in % is then subtracted from 100%.

Drawback: The drawback with this method is that if the Fading Time is changed after the first Trigger Point (i.e. after Fade-In ocured) then the Second Trigger Point will not be affected by the new Fading Time Setting until the next song has started again.

However, I am working on a schematic that will overcome this drawback by taking a sample anywhere of the Progress Bars position when the Fading Time is altered after the Fade-In Time Position and make the necessary corrections.
Attachments
Automatic Audio Fade-In and Fade-Out Control v2.2.fsm
(74.13 KiB) Downloaded 1015 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:20 pm

AUDIO PLAYER AUTOMATIC FADE-IN AND FADE-OUT CONTROL V2.3

The final version 2.3 and it will sample the AudioStreamIn Primitive Play Position as a percentage (i.e. %) against the required Fade-In/Fade-Out Time in Seconds at any position between Start and Stop thus resulting in the correct Initiation Position of the Fade-Out Time in Seconds.

Please test and if you feel like it report back any issues.

Fade Time Knob and Bypass Button is located inside the module.

Note of interest: I also use this same sampling method, to determine the length of the songs (in minutes and seconds) during playback (i.e. at the Fade-In Time Period), coupled to an additional schematic (not included in this schematic). Thus, the combined schematic has the ability to count the time backwards (down) from maximum to zero.

Tiffy.
Attachments
Automatic Audio Fade-In and Fade-Out Control v2.3.fsm
(100.97 KiB) Downloaded 989 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:30 pm

AUDIO PLAYER AUTOMATIC FADE-IN AND FADE-OUT CONTROL V2.4 (WITH COUNT DOWN TIMER AND SONG LENGTH):

I added the Song Length as well as the Count Down Timer Schematic.

I further included a simple Audio Player to Test the schematic.

NOTE: You have to change the current Path in the schematic to the Full Path of the Audio file (Song) on your own computer.
Attachments
Automatic Audio Fade-In and Fade-Out Control v2.4.fsm
(87.66 KiB) Downloaded 1028 times
tiffy

PreviousNext

Return to General