Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Quick Question

For general discussion related FlowStone

Quick Question

Postby Nickateenbeats » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:32 am

Is it possible to have a wave file loader with categories? And if yes, is there a way to do it similar in the example below? ( Instead of a drop down menu, the categories will be on the left and the presets on the right)
Attachments
Nexus preset manager.jpg
Nexus preset manager.jpg (171.58 KiB) Viewed 9614 times
Nickateenbeats

Re: Quick Question

Postby tulamide » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:03 pm

Yes. But of course there are several ways to do it. I created one of those ways, a year or more ago. But I can't remember in what thread it was. It could have been one from adamszabo or Spogg. (I moved to 3 different PCs in that time, unwanted. So lost a lot of schematics)
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Nickateenbeats » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:19 am

Ahh that sucks. I guess i will have a look around and see what i can find. I wanna attempt to make my own but i have no knowledge on how to create a manager. I seen a post about the same kind of manager a while back, but nothing ever came about it i guess.
Nickateenbeats

Postby tulamide » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Maybe this can help you get started. It is a file reader that creates a hierarchical tree list of a folder's content (recursively, so gets all sub folders and their content as well) and filters according to a file ending that you set (for example .txt or .wav)

This example uses a droplist to present the result, but this isn't necessary. The Ruby class creates a csv that follows the conventions of a menu string ('<<' and '>>' to enclose contents of a subfolder). You could alter this method to spit out just the content of a selected folder instead.

Please read the whole thread, as I didn't explain the intended usage, before Spogg asked for it. The details therefore are only found in the thread, not the schematic. Spogg uses this system successfully in a few of his synths to date, so it shouldn't be too difficult to understand in terms of Ruby.

viewtopic.php?t=6556&p=29848#p29848
tulamide

Postby tulamide » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:28 pm

Sorry, I just noticed that you already know about this and commented on that other thread. So it obviously didn't help you :cry:
tulamide

Postby Nickateenbeats » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:02 am

Yeah im still a noob at this. Would it be possible to take an existing preset manager that already has categories and replace the "text file" module with a wav array or wave file module?
Nickateenbeats

Return to General