Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Partial Voyetra emulation

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Partial Voyetra emulation

Postby k brown » Tue May 14, 2019 2:00 am

Calling it Voyette SPT, after Spogg and tulamide who created the unique ADR mode of the envelope generators.
Primarily emulates the "Layer" mode of the Voyetra Eight, a stereo pair of poly 'voices'. GUI based on the Voyetra One front panel.
Joystick generates four separate, assignable CVs (hardware only output two: -X and +X; the Y axis was dedicated to Pitch Bend..
Two four-bank modulation sections.

Voyette SPT copy.jpg
Voyette SPT copy.jpg (173.75 KiB) Viewed 15534 times

https://ln.sync.com/dl/626f96b00/2vu6pr ... c-rkvsedfk
Last edited by k brown on Thu May 16, 2019 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Re: Partial Voyetra emulation

Postby Spogg » Tue May 14, 2019 9:31 am

Great work as always Kevin! :ugeek:

The synth GUI looks wonderful and I’m very envious of your design skills.

Having heard the sound upon opening it, my first reaction was to try the presets, so I nearly broke down in tears when there was only one! :cry:
IIRC you don’t like to create presets for your synths and I think that’s a great shame. I do know it takes a lot of time, but you, as the developer, know it inside out, so maybe you could demo at least a few possibilities to encourage exploration. This is in no way a criticism, just what I wish for and I think others might too.

This is a great synth (again!) and many thanks for sharing it and including the schematic.

Might I suggest you share this on our Facebook group?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Tue May 14, 2019 10:06 am

Yes, I plan to come up with a few presets - I'm just not much of a 'sound designer'. Still making a few tweaks to this and it's really a nearly-finished work-in-progress. I probably shouldn't have posted it so soon, but I thought you and/or tula might want to play with the new eg mode 'in it's natural habitat'.

As far as the Facebook group - do I need to make a friend request, or how does that work? - I'm not much of a 'book-er'.
k brown

Postby lalalandsynth » Tue May 14, 2019 10:26 am

Amazing !
lalalandsynth

Postby Spogg » Tue May 14, 2019 11:56 am

@Kevin

Here's the group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/998621100284460/

Just ask to join and I might consider letting you in :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Tue May 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Thanks Guys :)

I'll try the synth out and get back to You, Spogg I still intend to do those Rap synth tuts with Your terrormin but right now i am having an issue making My new plug work on FL 12, 20.

Some weird bug lol. You're really branching out K brown, looks good.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby tulamide » Tue May 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Thank you very much for the honor!

Spogg wrote:The synth GUI looks wonderful and I’m very envious of your design skills.
Although you wouldn't need to. This GUI (once again) is an example for what I talked about in the design thread: Contrast, Symmetry, Spare use of colors, User guidance.
And since you love to play with words (e.g. forcing everyone to worship your ASS), let's create a 4-letter ambiguous acronym: CUSS
CUSS daily, and your synths will automatically look wonderful!

Spogg wrote:Having heard the sound upon opening it, my first reaction was to try the presets, so I nearly broke down in tears when there was only one! :cry:
The same is true for me!

Spogg wrote:Just ask to join and I might consider letting you in :lol:
And if he doesn't I'll simply overrule him, as long as he grants me that power :mrgreen:

k brown wrote:I probably shouldn't have posted it so soon, but I thought you and/or tula might want to play with the new eg mode 'in it's natural habitat'.
In fact, it was the first thing I tried, after realising that there are no peresets. And I liked it!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Tue May 14, 2019 3:45 pm

CUSS?
Spogg

Postby k brown » Tue May 14, 2019 4:11 pm

I'll get the Glissando added that Spogg provided, then share the updated version on the Facebook group - if I can figure out how; I'm such a social media dunce. I tried to set myself up on Pinterest for my art life - the whole thing just befuddled me no end!

@Spogg - forgot to mention, if you haven't taken a tour around the schematic yet - the other reason I included your 'handle' in the name is that Filter F'lavor 'Laddr' is your Moog ladder, plus I put your 'snap' components onto the end of the VCA EG. I assume there is no issue with putting that after the 'exponentialiser' stream multiply? Thanks again for all the help on this.

I appreciate the comments on the GUI, though I can't really take full credit - I pretty much 'lifted' it straight from the front panel of the Voyetra One. The only significant redesign was the Mod Banks - the only image I found online of the V-One was so poor I couldn't make much sense of the Mod Banks; plus, I think the hardware required some 'menu-diving' to program them.
Last edited by k brown on Wed May 15, 2019 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
k brown

Postby Halon » Tue May 14, 2019 5:42 pm

Great stuff as always kevin!
Halon

Next

Return to User Examples