Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Partial Voyetra emulation

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Partial Voyetra emulation

Postby k brown » Tue May 14, 2019 2:00 am

Calling it Voyette SPT, after Spogg and tulamide who created the unique ADR mode of the envelope generators.
Primarily emulates the "Layer" mode of the Voyetra Eight, a stereo pair of poly 'voices'. GUI based on the Voyetra One front panel.
Joystick generates four separate, assignable CVs (hardware only output two: -X and +X; the Y axis was dedicated to Pitch Bend..
Two four-bank modulation sections.

Voyette SPT copy.jpg
Voyette SPT copy.jpg (173.75 KiB) Viewed 15397 times

https://ln.sync.com/dl/626f96b00/2vu6pr ... c-rkvsedfk
Last edited by k brown on Thu May 16, 2019 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Re: Partial Voyetra emulation

Postby Spogg » Tue May 14, 2019 9:31 am

Great work as always Kevin! :ugeek:

The synth GUI looks wonderful and I’m very envious of your design skills.

Having heard the sound upon opening it, my first reaction was to try the presets, so I nearly broke down in tears when there was only one! :cry:
IIRC you don’t like to create presets for your synths and I think that’s a great shame. I do know it takes a lot of time, but you, as the developer, know it inside out, so maybe you could demo at least a few possibilities to encourage exploration. This is in no way a criticism, just what I wish for and I think others might too.

This is a great synth (again!) and many thanks for sharing it and including the schematic.

Might I suggest you share this on our Facebook group?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Tue May 14, 2019 10:06 am

Yes, I plan to come up with a few presets - I'm just not much of a 'sound designer'. Still making a few tweaks to this and it's really a nearly-finished work-in-progress. I probably shouldn't have posted it so soon, but I thought you and/or tula might want to play with the new eg mode 'in it's natural habitat'.

As far as the Facebook group - do I need to make a friend request, or how does that work? - I'm not much of a 'book-er'.
k brown

Postby lalalandsynth » Tue May 14, 2019 10:26 am

Amazing !
lalalandsynth

Postby Spogg » Tue May 14, 2019 11:56 am

@Kevin

Here's the group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/998621100284460/

Just ask to join and I might consider letting you in :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Tue May 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Thanks Guys :)

I'll try the synth out and get back to You, Spogg I still intend to do those Rap synth tuts with Your terrormin but right now i am having an issue making My new plug work on FL 12, 20.

Some weird bug lol. You're really branching out K brown, looks good.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby tulamide » Tue May 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Thank you very much for the honor!

Spogg wrote:The synth GUI looks wonderful and I’m very envious of your design skills.
Although you wouldn't need to. This GUI (once again) is an example for what I talked about in the design thread: Contrast, Symmetry, Spare use of colors, User guidance.
And since you love to play with words (e.g. forcing everyone to worship your ASS), let's create a 4-letter ambiguous acronym: CUSS
CUSS daily, and your synths will automatically look wonderful!

Spogg wrote:Having heard the sound upon opening it, my first reaction was to try the presets, so I nearly broke down in tears when there was only one! :cry:
The same is true for me!

Spogg wrote:Just ask to join and I might consider letting you in :lol:
And if he doesn't I'll simply overrule him, as long as he grants me that power :mrgreen:

k brown wrote:I probably shouldn't have posted it so soon, but I thought you and/or tula might want to play with the new eg mode 'in it's natural habitat'.
In fact, it was the first thing I tried, after realising that there are no peresets. And I liked it!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Tue May 14, 2019 3:45 pm

CUSS?
Spogg

Postby k brown » Tue May 14, 2019 4:11 pm

I'll get the Glissando added that Spogg provided, then share the updated version on the Facebook group - if I can figure out how; I'm such a social media dunce. I tried to set myself up on Pinterest for my art life - the whole thing just befuddled me no end!

@Spogg - forgot to mention, if you haven't taken a tour around the schematic yet - the other reason I included your 'handle' in the name is that Filter F'lavor 'Laddr' is your Moog ladder, plus I put your 'snap' components onto the end of the VCA EG. I assume there is no issue with putting that after the 'exponentialiser' stream multiply? Thanks again for all the help on this.

I appreciate the comments on the GUI, though I can't really take full credit - I pretty much 'lifted' it straight from the front panel of the Voyetra One. The only significant redesign was the Mod Banks - the only image I found online of the V-One was so poor I couldn't make much sense of the Mod Banks; plus, I think the hardware required some 'menu-diving' to program them.
Last edited by k brown on Wed May 15, 2019 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
k brown

Postby Halon » Tue May 14, 2019 5:42 pm

Great stuff as always kevin!
Halon

Next

Return to User Examples