Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Bending Text ?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Bending Text ?

Postby lalalandsynth » Mon May 13, 2019 2:24 pm

Is there a way to "bend" text somehow ?

I want to bend this text so it takes on the curve of the model , have not seen that anywhere so far .

Thoughts ?
Bend text.jpg
Bend text.jpg (112.84 KiB) Viewed 17533 times
lalalandsynth

Re: Bending Text ?

Postby tulamide » Mon May 13, 2019 3:06 pm

It can't be done in realtime. The functionality simply is missing. Your best chance is to prepare all the strings already bended and saved as a bitmap (with whitespace, so that the center of the bitmap can be set to the center of the "tape roll", and then rotating that image alongside the tape roll. Image rotation can be done in realtime, either with green prims or Ruby.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby lalalandsynth » Mon May 13, 2019 3:22 pm

Thanks Tula !
lalalandsynth

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon May 13, 2019 5:30 pm

It can be done in ruby, and even with prims. I could make something which does that for You.

Will be soon. The math should prove challenging. Too bad I do not work with trigonometric functions that would be ideal.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri May 17, 2019 2:33 pm

will do this today. sorry for the wait
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby lalalandsynth » Fri May 17, 2019 5:19 pm

No stress , glad you are taking the time , thanks !
lalalandsynth

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sat May 18, 2019 2:11 pm

Fell asleep early, on it today.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sun May 19, 2019 7:49 pm

OK, so working on this and it should be fairly featured.

I'm making sure that everything is vector based so that it is not so difficult to position etc. I was thinking though; Odds are You want this to spin? I guessed based on the image you provided.

If so, I'll either use ruby to make it all spin or I will provide a bitmap saver which is automatic and then which in turn can make it spin at Your desired speed.

It's a nice effect and while I feel trigonometry would be more accurate to effectively decide the plane for other sphere styles at least this can handle square ones. Though perhaps due to to it being vector in nature it would work either way? Assuming I added some extra math I suppose.

Will let You know when it is done.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby tulamide » Sun May 19, 2019 8:46 pm

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:OK, so working on this and it should be fairly featured.

I'm making sure that everything is vector based so that it is not so difficult to position etc. I was thinking though; Odds are You want this to spin? I guessed based on the image you provided.

If so, I'll either use ruby to make it all spin or I will provide a bitmap saver which is automatic and then which in turn can make it spin at Your desired speed.

It's a nice effect and while I feel trigonometry would be more accurate to effectively decide the plane for other sphere styles at least this can handle square ones. Though perhaps due to to it being vector in nature it would work either way? Assuming I added some extra math I suppose.

Will let You know when it is done.

I'm awaiting it eagerly. A real time font bending engine would be great! With all my knowledge I couldn't find a way to realize it. Only with bitmaps, which of course is too CPU heavy, and negates the purpose of realtime vector drawing. So that will come in handy.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby lalalandsynth » Mon May 20, 2019 12:38 pm

This will be amazing .

On another note , could something be made that would have a similar effect as the font , "Sharp" "Crisp" etc in Photoshop ? Its very annoying to have the PS fonts and FS fonts be different , namely the FS fonts being fuzzy.

Dont know if its possible , probably not , just thought I would mention this issue.
lalalandsynth

Next

Return to General