Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Sample Combiner Synth X4

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Re: Sample Combiner Synth X4

Postby trogluddite » Thu May 30, 2019 4:46 pm

There is a slightly sneaky way that you can make larger modular set-ups in a DAW or other host, which I use occasionally.

When routing a DAW channel or aux send, there's usually no processing of the signal unless you want there to be - so there's nothing to stop you from sending control signals via the audio routing. I've made a few plugins which use this to pass timing signals between each other via auxilliary audio inputs and outputs (the host must be able to handle multi-channel tracks, of course.) As most DAWs these days use floating point values internally for audio, you're not even restricted to the usual -1.0....1.0 range (just be careful what get's routed to your ears!)
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Fri May 31, 2019 6:59 am

You know trog, that was something that I’ve wondered about often, but never tried.
I’m glad it’s possible, but I can only imagine the potential complexity of routing in Reaper.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby trogluddite » Fri May 31, 2019 2:46 pm

Spogg wrote: I can only imagine the potential complexity of routing in Reaper.

It's not exactly intuitive in most DAWs, that's for sure! A while ago, I started using a program called Usine, which is a hybrid of a DAW and a live-performance environment, and is able to create patches which combine VSTs with FS-like modular DSP processing components. Its modular environment isn't a patch on FS in my opinion (pun intended!), as you need external C++ to make your own custom modules - but little FS plugins work really well in that role. It probably wouldn't suit folks more into traditional multi-tracking, but for live multi-media performances its rather neat.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Previous

Return to User Examples