Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Synth symbols

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Synth symbols

Postby Phil Thalasso » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:54 am

Good morning and sunshine for you all.

Attached please find an adobe illustrator cs4 file that contains what I've got so far in symbols.
Whether or not to use these is much a matter of taste.
Personally I prefer visual things over type, but then again, I also buy books for their cover and
prefer Kate Bock over Marilyn vos Savant :-)

Have a great Sunday you all!

Best Regards
Phil
Attachments
FHD.rar
(337.65 KiB) Downloaded 709 times
Phil Thalasso

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:43 pm

Spogg wrote:I do like the idea very much Robert.
A while ago I searched for such a font but found nothing.
I was specifically looking for waveforms at the time. I also looked for the “standard” transport controls like stop, play/pause etc. but I was surprised at the lack of symbols, let alone fonts.

In some cases I think words are better. I’m not so keen at interpreting filter types; for example Low Pass is easier for me to understand than a squiggly icon :lol:

I’m looking forward to what you come up with…

Cheers

Spogg

Yeah, if You guys wanted to find a few more for synths, it'd be cool to have. The thing is I would'nt know what symbols would be prudent to have? If You can find some We need, please post
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby Spogg » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:24 am

I would say start with a few common waveforms and let’s see what we have. This could be an on-going project for you, so might be best as a new topic.
The idea I have is that when someone wants new symbols they put in a request and you add to the font. That way it grows according to needs and I think this would be better than a one-shot approach where you try and guess what might be useful.In my case I would simply sketch and scan my symbols.

But it’s your idea and much work for you to do, so the approach is down to you. But it’s something that I think would be very popular, certainly for me!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Halon » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:28 pm

Good idea Rex.
Halon

Previous

Return to General