Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

The Quilcom Flooper: A Fun loop recorder

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

The Quilcom Flooper: A Fun loop recorder

Postby Spogg » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:49 pm

Hello to all you wonderful Flowstoners!

This is my Quilcom Flooper. The F stands for Fun (I hope) so it’s a Fun looper, and please don’t go looking up the word in the Urban Dictionary. You won’t now, will you?
I tried to make it simple to make compounding loops and fun to play around with. There are lots of pro loopers out there, but many seem to sacrifice ease-of-use for having many more than basic features.

I made a YouTube video:

https://youtu.be/RV-HlXiAveM

The download includes the fsm, VST plugin and a User Guide for all the details.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7klkn4mfl3pm ... 3.zip?dl=0

Now go loopy!

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Re: The Quilcom Flooper: A Fun loop recorder

Postby Wassaka » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:08 pm

haha very cool :D !!
Wassaka

Postby trogluddite » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:42 pm

Loopers; my favourite! :D I make most of my music as live looping sessions these days, and I always love to have new ones to play with!

Spogg wrote:...please don’t go looking up the word in the Urban Dictionary. You won’t now, will you?

That's like a red rag to a bull for a hyperlexic amateur linguist like me - my will-power was far too weak to resist! :lol:

After a bit of MIDI binding to my foot pedals, I certainly had a lot of fun auditioning it. For its conceptual simplicity and low CPU load, there's a lot of creative flexibility on tap - in particular, the ability to always overdub no matter the loop speed or direction. I didn't even have to change my usual cue monitoring system thanks to the separate metronome outputs!

Spogg wrote:There are lots of pro loopers out there, but many seem to sacrifice ease-of-use for having many more than basic features.

Guilty! :oops: I wouldn't describe my Soopa Doopa Loopa as "pro" exactly, but it was certainly a victim of rampant feature creep - I lost the ability to overdub as a consequence of "advanced" features which, in practice, I rarely use; which I've always thought was a big mistake.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Thank you both for your positive comments! :D

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby kortezzzz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Nice one :) Can one connect to it a wave file player or its only for "live" situations?
kortezzzz

Postby BobF » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:19 pm

Wow Spogg,

This is really cool, it's like a stripped now version of mine "The Delay Looper" from 2 years ago. I really like the midi control a lot and how you can set bpm , bars, and time signature. Like you said alot of Flooper!

Cheers, BobF.....
BobF

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:22 pm

I'll test it out thanks
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby Spogg » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:41 pm

kortezzzz wrote:Can one connect to it a wave file player or its only for "live" situations?

No, it’s too simple (a bit like me).

The idea is to record your work in the DAW then process it however you wish afterwards.

When I researched loopers I found that people used them as part of the creative process, and very often for playing practice. They lay down a basic backing line, then improvise live with the fixed loop running and not recording.

I had a lot of stupid fun with this while I was building it. One thing I recall is making a complex and rhythmic loop of me coughing :lol:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Spogg » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:44 pm

BobF wrote:... it's like a stripped now version of mine "The Delay Looper" from 2 years ago.

Thanks Bob. It was your looper that originally inspired me, as is often the case with your very original ideas and work. I should have mentioned it before, sorry! :oops:

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Halon » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Thank you spogg :)
Halon

Return to User Examples