Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Random jumps in volume with 'randomOsc 8'/'Randy'?

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Random jumps in volume with 'randomOsc 8'/'Randy'?

Postby k brown » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:36 am

Am I the only one experiencing this? Some presets when first striking a note are hugely loud and only return to normal volume after striking a few chords; then when a new preset is selected, same thing but not always :shock:
Could this have something to do with my machine being quite old (my usual one is in the shop)? This doesn't occur with it's predecessor, randomOsc 4 (?).

Given that, I did a version of randomOsc 4 with the same expanded features of what I called Randy +; Randy being Martin's chosen name for randomOsc 8.

My additions:
- Osc Pitch up or down 24 semitones.
- Second LFO using Martin's Multi LFO.
- Five-slot Modulation Buss.
- Wheel can be disconnected from Vibrato, for use with other destinations.
- Pitch Wheel generates three different, simultaneously available CVs - BiPolar, Up and Down.
- Dedicated Aftertouch sensitivity for Filter Cutoff.
- Two MIDI CC selectors that default to #16 and 17 for control by any MIDI joystick/XY pad that generates these messages (i.e.,Yamaha SY22, SY35 and TG33).

RandomOsc 4 + copy.jpg
RandomOsc 4 + copy.jpg (46.5 KiB) Viewed 10839 times

RandomOsc4 +.fsm
(571.06 KiB) Downloaded 843 times

I know Martin considers randomOsc 4 an 'unbaked cake', but for me Randy is right now unusable - if this is true for anyone else there's this to use till Martin addresses this (unless it only occurs on older computers, in which case, there's nothing to fix ;) )

With FS v3.0.8.1
Last edited by k brown on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Re: Random jumps in volume with 'randomOsc 8'/'Randy'?

Postby martinvicanek » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:35 am

k brown wrote:Some presets when first striking a note are hugely loud and only return to normal volume after striking a few chords; then when a new preset is selected, same thing but not always :shock:

Sorry, Kevin, there was a bug in the original post. Now fixed here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17621&p=54547#p54547
Any more bugs please report.
martinvicanek

Postby k brown » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:01 am

Oh - great!; I thought maybe I was nuts or my computer was busted.
I'll get GUI'd Randy all fixed up.

If you could identify where the 'fix' was, could I just replace that in my GUI version? - otherwise I'll have to re-assemble it all into the new schematic. Was it a single code module, or a 'structural'/'wiring' fix?

Thanks!
k brown

Postby k brown » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Still getting volume jumps in new version of Randy - while I await word from Martin about whether this might be specific to my machine (haven't heard from anyone else about whether they are experiencing the same thing), a few tweaks to RandomOsc 4 + (replaced in initial post).

- Pitch can can toggle from semitone-stepped to free-tune.
- A couple more options in the Mod Bank.
- A few presets of my own added.
- Fixed LFO 2 wave select not working.
k brown

Postby k brown » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:06 pm

I never heard from anyone as to whether they were getting these sporadic jumps up in volume, but Martin sent me a .dll he generated on his machine and it doesn't display this behavior, so it's clearly the case that my old PC was just creating faulty .dlls from this. It's a quite old machine so I'm not surprised, though I didn't know such a thing was possible; that a schematic 'plays' just fine but that the same computer generates a 'broken' vst from it. I get my newer computer back in a couple of days - hope it makes OK vst from this; I love RandomOsc 4 but the 8-note polyphony of Randy is definitely preferable.
I'll get the latest additions I made to RandomOsc 4 + applied to Randy and update that schematic.
k brown

Return to User Examples