Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Random jumps in volume with 'randomOsc 8'/'Randy'?

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Random jumps in volume with 'randomOsc 8'/'Randy'?

Postby k brown » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:36 am

Am I the only one experiencing this? Some presets when first striking a note are hugely loud and only return to normal volume after striking a few chords; then when a new preset is selected, same thing but not always :shock:
Could this have something to do with my machine being quite old (my usual one is in the shop)? This doesn't occur with it's predecessor, randomOsc 4 (?).

Given that, I did a version of randomOsc 4 with the same expanded features of what I called Randy +; Randy being Martin's chosen name for randomOsc 8.

My additions:
- Osc Pitch up or down 24 semitones.
- Second LFO using Martin's Multi LFO.
- Five-slot Modulation Buss.
- Wheel can be disconnected from Vibrato, for use with other destinations.
- Pitch Wheel generates three different, simultaneously available CVs - BiPolar, Up and Down.
- Dedicated Aftertouch sensitivity for Filter Cutoff.
- Two MIDI CC selectors that default to #16 and 17 for control by any MIDI joystick/XY pad that generates these messages (i.e.,Yamaha SY22, SY35 and TG33).

RandomOsc 4 + copy.jpg
RandomOsc 4 + copy.jpg (46.5 KiB) Viewed 11054 times

RandomOsc4 +.fsm
(571.06 KiB) Downloaded 860 times

I know Martin considers randomOsc 4 an 'unbaked cake', but for me Randy is right now unusable - if this is true for anyone else there's this to use till Martin addresses this (unless it only occurs on older computers, in which case, there's nothing to fix ;) )

With FS v3.0.8.1
Last edited by k brown on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Re: Random jumps in volume with 'randomOsc 8'/'Randy'?

Postby martinvicanek » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:35 am

k brown wrote:Some presets when first striking a note are hugely loud and only return to normal volume after striking a few chords; then when a new preset is selected, same thing but not always :shock:

Sorry, Kevin, there was a bug in the original post. Now fixed here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17621&p=54547#p54547
Any more bugs please report.
martinvicanek

Postby k brown » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:01 am

Oh - great!; I thought maybe I was nuts or my computer was busted.
I'll get GUI'd Randy all fixed up.

If you could identify where the 'fix' was, could I just replace that in my GUI version? - otherwise I'll have to re-assemble it all into the new schematic. Was it a single code module, or a 'structural'/'wiring' fix?

Thanks!
k brown

Postby k brown » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Still getting volume jumps in new version of Randy - while I await word from Martin about whether this might be specific to my machine (haven't heard from anyone else about whether they are experiencing the same thing), a few tweaks to RandomOsc 4 + (replaced in initial post).

- Pitch can can toggle from semitone-stepped to free-tune.
- A couple more options in the Mod Bank.
- A few presets of my own added.
- Fixed LFO 2 wave select not working.
k brown

Postby k brown » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:06 pm

I never heard from anyone as to whether they were getting these sporadic jumps up in volume, but Martin sent me a .dll he generated on his machine and it doesn't display this behavior, so it's clearly the case that my old PC was just creating faulty .dlls from this. It's a quite old machine so I'm not surprised, though I didn't know such a thing was possible; that a schematic 'plays' just fine but that the same computer generates a 'broken' vst from it. I get my newer computer back in a couple of days - hope it makes OK vst from this; I love RandomOsc 4 but the 8-note polyphony of Randy is definitely preferable.
I'll get the latest additions I made to RandomOsc 4 + applied to Randy and update that schematic.
k brown

Return to User Examples