Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Freq Fork - LA Freq

Post any examples or modules that you want to share here

Freq Fork - LA Freq

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:55 pm

So, I was going to get ahold of Nix. And, as people know I've been attempting to make a good EQ for a while.
And meanwhile, Nix has always had one that works well. It's really humbling that some people can have so much skill because I tried My own methods which admittedly, fell short.

So I went with His most recent freq, and am Making a fork. It's a very modern no text parametric EQ. It'll have a popup menu (three lines to signify it) which has a few features. Also, there will be right click to change filter type.

So far so good, will be posted later tonight. It's choice for sure. Anyone Who's a fan of the parametric EQ by FL Studio will like this one because it is rather similar. It uses only 0.8% CPU for all bands. I was hoping that Nix might be down with Me adding his Phonics or Nix logo. I'd love a co-release because, though I added a lot of My own stuff, it's based on His hard work.

See You tonight. BTW, I call these bells the orbs of smoothness. All You need do is grab the orbs and move them around and it's pure magic!

tata.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: Freq Fork - LA Freq

Postby k brown » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:03 am

Now it's the word "who" that gets capitalized - is the list growing?

I don't get it.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:12 am

well,lol you can capitolize lol too, or not. we.

Anyways, Here's My latest version of Freq, it's not pretty but You'll start to get the idea. All credits for the source go to Nix, Phonix of course; But I wanted to put something together that is modern and visual. I get tired of knobs and I just want to grab some bells and move them around till they sound good. they not They, lol.

Anyhow, I'm enjoying making an EQ that actually works unlike some of My others. I thought I would put the same source into the ZDF EQ as well to make it work as it should. As well with the stock EQ. I don't think there's any shame in saying that Nix is the king of the parametric EQ design, so why to try to beat it.

Here it is, still some knobs in there - it's a rough draft as a preview, though fully working. I intend to have a knob view and parametric EQ view. So parametric EQ view has no knobs whatsoever, only a range slider left, a pan slider down, and a volume slider right.

Sounds nice, but there will be some nice pro looking knobs I'll make for the knob side. I thought I would also add the A/B switcher via right click to the parametric mode as well. It's the Freq, but it's just made in such a way that it seems like the most modern ones. BTW, anyone buy something from pluginboutique only to get that proximity EQ? It's herky jerky when it moves just like My old EQ's. lol.
Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby k brown » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:38 am

Sorry - i thought better of that remark and thought I'd deleted it.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:13 am

k brown wrote:Sorry - i thought better of that remark and thought I'd deleted it.

It's not a big deal honestly. We all have peeves.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:59 pm

(click to watch Youtube version)

OK, so this is a lot of progress. This EQ is starting to come around. I am hoping to have it complete within 24 hours. The only issue I've come across is the function with automatic view z-index.

It's something that happens when two bells are on top of one another. But, TBH; I haven't really given it much consideration until I have a chance to solve the other problems. I was able to make range something that's built in, and also gain in/out. I'll be adding a pan left and right with similar style of slider, except being on a horizontal plane.

This is a lot of progress. I guess people might wonder why I labour on equalizers so often. Basically I have been buying every one that has been on sale at pluginboutique and I have not been rewarded to any great degree. Though, the soundspot paradox was good in its own way; it's an interesting effect.

Enjoy this preview, and if You can think of a way to solve My z-index issue please post.
Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby lalalandsynth » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:36 pm

The eq curve view does not update for me , also the circle implementation I dont particularly like , unusual and easy to go to another band when you are trying to grab the Q circle. Bit weird , in my opinion, but might just get used to it.
Also unsure if the circle is correlating to the range itself on the graph or if its arbitrary ?

And finally , the bane of FS...Massive cpu from that analyzer...Dividing the redraw by 8 cuts it in half but still.

eq.gif
eq.gif (958.01 KiB) Viewed 23977 times
lalalandsynth

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:12 am

lalalandsynth wrote:The eq curve view does not update for me , also the circle implementation I dont particularly like , unusual and easy to go to another band when you are trying to grab the Q circle. Bit weird , in my opinion, but might just get used to it.
Also unsure if the circle is correlating to the range itself on the graph or if its arbitrary ?

And finally , the bane of FS...Massive cpu from that analyzer...Dividing the redraw by 8 cuts it in half but still.
The curve view? Is that in alpha flowstone or vst?

eq.gif

Hmm, as far as the circle it's designed for touch screen (and it's resonance/q ratio BTW) and also large screens like 4k. Imagine how hard it would be to see that little square. And because the circle opens up only when selected means it can be done with only one fingertip. It was My best solution to solve the touchscreen issue.

I could also add a timed onmouseout event too, come to think of it, so that the other circle does'nt show up right away. So that someone can change their mind.

Right top I've added a menu. it will allow turning off the analyzer.
I've added pan as well. I like the fact that it is nice and wide. Usually pan is so sensitive.

here's the latest (and an image):

Last edited by wlangfor@uoguelph.ca on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:33 pm

OK, here's the latest:

here's an image:

Here's the Youtube Vid (click to watch)

Here's the schematic (updated):

In this update I've been working with the co-efficients and ticks. I tried to come up with a method that's a surefire way of using less memory; With mixed results. But the menu works.
Attachments
custom freQ_rc_2018_54_best_fork.fsm
Freq latest with logo and a few enhancements
(222.62 KiB) Downloaded 1270 times
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:32 pm

So, here's My latest fork of the freq. I tested it in every version of flowstone 0.6 &+.

It works fine. I wish You would please stipulate which version something does not work in lala. So, I made the video, just like I made the video of the ride plugin working nyquist just fine.

So, here's the Youtube vid:

And here's the schematic:
custom freQ_rc_2018_60_best_fork-less-feedback.fsm
no feedback - used division in coef
(234.13 KiB) Downloaded 1289 times

and here's the video explaining about the nyquist controversy about LA Ride:

We all get mistaken, it's not a big deal; But We can be polite.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Next

Return to User Examples