Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

I need "DAW midi in/out" in exported VSTs

For general discussion related FlowStone

I need "DAW midi in/out" in exported VSTs

Postby Matth23u » Mon May 20, 2019 8:46 am

I made a synth that is designed to be opened as an effect.
It uses midi notes to alter input audio.
If i export it as a VSTi, the option to allow DAW's midi in/out disappears and i only see hardware midi "anymore".
I bought Flowstone so i could terminate my projects.. But it feels like i won't ever be able to terminate anything at all and it's frustrating, as i expected it could help me go to college, at last. I'm 35 and my life is wasted because i can't afford college. My synth is nice, in theory, but in practice, it gets hit by unwanted bugs and behaviors.. Plus this new inconvenient...
Could that be fixed? Because it sure is a lazy missing feature.
Matth23u

Re: I need "DAW midi in/out" in exported VSTs

Postby Spogg » Mon May 20, 2019 10:36 am

If you have audio input (irrespective of MIDI input) it must be exported as an effect. Then it will work as a VST with MIDI (not as a VSTi) in the DAW.
If you want to use it in Reaper you then just set the audio and MIDI routing as needed.
If you want to use it in FL Studio it’s not quite so straightforward, and in this case I would ask Adam for advice.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Matth23u » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Mister wlangfor@uoguelph.ca said he would help me with that, maybe it'd be great if we all talked about that. Say, it could become a piece that takes part in the DSP pack if it ends up pretty!

What i need is really a way to make a synth that by near or far apparent itself to a vocoder... Inputting audio, process it with generated audio and alter the pitch with midi notes... So i really need DAW midi in and DAW midi out, not only hardware ins and outs.
Matth23u

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:51 pm

Matth23u wrote:Mister wlangfor@uoguelph.ca said he would help me with that, maybe it'd be great if we all talked about that. Say, it could become a piece that takes part in the DSP pack if it ends up pretty!

What i need is really a way to make a synth that by near or far apparent itself to a vocoder... Inputting audio, process it with generated audio and alter the pitch with midi notes... So i really need DAW midi in and DAW midi out, not only hardware ins and outs.

Oh (rolls eyes) I know, I had promised I would make the template with keyboard and pressed keys for FL studio on keyboard when module is focused but saying I would also make a template to do that is a stretch. But.. OK :).

I make music or EQ's or studio equipment, sorry for the wait I'm just all over the place and often fun takes precedence.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:22 am

lol, so I'm sorry for leaving You hanging Mat. Anyways, I've learned a fair bot and would need to do some research on the most reliable keyboard. I think it's the prim version without ruby called green or something.

I'll do that research; And I'll put together a template for both synths and midi effects. I know Martin Vicanek has a few of them And I suggest You look them up using the forum search. However, rarely mentioned here is the plugin examples made by AMVST. They're really good and I do not think anyone has learned enough without looking over the examples they have to offer.

Go to this url for that download and relevant information:
https://www.image-line.com/support/flstudio_online_manual/html/plugins/Synthmaker.htm

I hope You can appreciate that I'm a programmer; and while I do things well, most of what I would conceive in regards to midi effects or even synths is not practical but theoretical. However, I'm up to the challenge.

Have You also been over the examples found out nainte.com?
Check these out too:
http://www.naiant.com/SM/index.php

Furthermore, I know spogg has some effects over at flowstoners:
http://flowstoners.com

Check out Adam Szabo's flowstone.guru as well. A very good resource. But all of the examples You need are there however, as I'm aware sometimes programming styles vary and You cannot mix and match. Like especially in the sense of synths You'll notice the coding style by AMVST is very different and isn't always compatible with stuff by people here, including that of Martin Vicanek's. I think that is due to the fact that it was made at an earlier point of time while the flowstone product was still named synthmaker.

Good luck to You, right now I'm working on this MV project, and He has been very helpful to Me and others in the past. I cannot help but to feel indebted and I enjoy innovating.

BTW I recommend fl 10 for testing with flowstone because 12 and 20 have serious bugs when it is installed at all. VST's might not even load if made by flowstone even if You are registered or not. It's a weird bug, besides which 10 is the fastest version that exists, plugin checks take like 20 seconds and I have over 5k vstfx and synths
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby Matth23u » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:45 am

That's useful!
I'm curious if someone actually did make one of those ruby coded midi in and midi out right there.
But it'd be cooler if i could learn the basics and code it myself without necessarily planning on building Robocop Murphy with nanotech based on modular engineering in the next 20 years. Or maybe?
I'd really appreciate learning just the right ruby glossary so i,ll be all right for a little while and pretty much achieve what i need!
Oh... And... the thing has nothing to do with qwerty keyboard or focused element, but everything to do with midi port input / midi port output...
I understand that it is a known fact that DAW disappears from the list once the plugin is exported a VST... But i don't understand why it is as it is. Shouldn't it just have normal VST input port and output port like any other VST?

Maybe i'm just doing something wrong?
Matth23u

Return to General